Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Evening All

Duv

Hello everyone, been looking around the forum for a few months now, decided it was time to actually join up

My names Dave, although most call me Duv, and im just outside Southend. Currently got a mark 1 Punto but looking to move on in the world, been keeping a look out for an IS200. From my own research on here, im after either a silver or black, SE or possibly sport, with a budget around £5K

Looks like a friendly place to be and decent layout too, hopefully ill find the right one and stick around for a few meets and shows

Duv

Hello everyone, been looking around the forum for a few months now, decided it was time to actually join up

My names Dave, although most call me Duv, and im just outside Southend. Currently got a mark 1 Punto but looking to move on in the world, been keeping a look out for an IS200. From my own research on here, im after either a silver or black, SE or possibly sport, with a budget around £5K

Looks like a friendly place to be and decent layout too, hopefully ill find the right one and stick around for a few meets and shows

Duv

hello duv. i,ve just bought an is200 le kodiak sky (silver) for just over £5,500. its a great car, plus i havn,t seen another one yet, as opposed to plenty of se, or sport models. good luck in your search !!!

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys, im back again, checked out a sport model earlier today, its up for £4900.full service history for every year of its life so far, 2002 model. going to ring them back tomorrow and give a definate answer. also comes with 3 months warranty, then a further 12 month warranty is an additional £280. quick question, has anyone ever used the AA service for a car inspection as im considering this as a "to be safe" sort of option??

hello guys, im back again, checked out a sport model earlier today, its up for £4900.full service history for every year of its life so far, 2002 model. going to ring them back tomorrow and give a definate answer. also comes with 3 months warranty, then a further 12 month warranty is an additional £280. quick question, has anyone ever used the AA service for a car inspection as im considering this as a "to be safe" sort of option??

Forget the dealer saying it comes with 3 months warranty. Sale of Goods Act gives "reverse burden of proof" which effectively means that you have a 6 month warranty anyway. If you want to purchase a warranty after it is best to do it yourself rather than through a dealer.....who puts his commission on as well. If anything goes wrong in the first 6 months the dealer must rectify it unless he can PROVE that the fault wasn't there OR developing when he sold you the car.

Is the service history main dealer? Full MOT? Old MOTs to check for fails/advisories(if not you can check online) Has cambelt/tensioner/waterpump been changed?

Have you checked out Lexus dealers for stock?

thanks for the info Dave, will definately look into the warranty elsewhere, any more info on this??

service history isnt main dealer unfortunately, but from what i can see no cambelt etc been done as it says 100K in the service book

looked at lexus dealer, but out of my budget unfortunately

thanks for the info Dave, will definately look into the warranty elsewhere, any more info on this??

service history isnt main dealer unfortunately, but from what i can see no cambelt etc been done as it says 100K in the service book

looked at lexus dealer, but out of my budget unfortunately

From what I recall, Lexus amended the cambelt change on the IS200 to 6yrs/60,000 miles, although your service book won't have that in.

Depending on the mileage your car has covered, several firms can offer extended warranties to commence at the end of your dealer warranty, or after you have owned the car for 6 months. Possibly one of the best might be Warranty Direct.They offered me cover on my GS430 for £600 ish but kept coming back with better prices and finally came in at around £400. An IS200 would be less and the cover is fairly comprehensive, although in the end I opted for Lexus extended warranty as it suited me better.

Lexus dealers have IS200's from around £6000 before you haggle with them and you get the benefit of 12 months warranty and 12 months full RAC cover for you and your partner.....in any car.

Hope you enjoy your Lexus and LOC