Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Roof Opener

Guest inicol63

Guest inicol63

Does anyone know if you can use the smart top to open your roof by your key remote?

https://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/index.php?...tner&menu=1

This device is used for a number of metal roof cars so i am not sure if it will work on the lexus.

These are the places in the uk that offer the smart top:

I shall call them today.

Mercedes & Porsche specialized

CLASS CARS

CANTERBURY ROAD

CANTERBURY CT3 1NL

+44-1227-723980

Porsche specialized Distributor

Design911

185 Forest Road

Hainault, Essex IG6 3HX

+44-208-5008811

UK Distributor

GOCHOPPY.com

185 Forest Road

Hainault, Essex IG6 3HX

+44-208-5008811

Installation Partner - Porsche

Paragon

Five Ashes, East Sussex

TN20 6HY

+44-1825-830424

Installation Partner - Porsche

The Porsche Shop

Shenstone Trading Estate

Halesowen B63 3XB

+44-870-0055911

Guest inicol63

The only reason i am asking is it may be a better option as it has a few extras over the luxlink and these are here in the UK so no customs, i also think it might be better priced £179.00 to £199 + vat.

I just phoned one from off the list on my thread but they not showing A listing for SC430.

Not sure this means it wont work as it just a plug on unit.

So what di the electrical guys think on the site?

The only reason i am asking is it may be a better option as it has a few extras over the luxlink and these are here in the UK so no customs, i also think it might be better priced £179.00 to £199 + vat.

I just phoned one from off the list on my thread but they not showing A listing for SC430.

Not sure this means it wont work as it just a plug on unit.

So what di the electrical guys think on the site?

Looks like it taps into the original roof control unit, obviously, I notice they do one for the Ford Focus, so now my wife wants one for hers!!!

Have e-mailed the company direct about fitment to the SC, so hope fully find out something soon.

I do like the Luxlink personally, but there does unfortunately seem to be issues fitting it to a RHD SC.

Well those are very good reasons! :)

I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work if it works on lots of different makes of car, surely it's just some sort of timer that operates the roof (similar to the mirror closure module that Geoffers designed) - it would just need to be wired in correctly which I'm sure one of those companies must know how to do.

Guest inicol63

We are so alike i have the sc430 and so do you, and your wife has the focus cc so does mine.

The smart top have one unit left at the Hainualt branch if your after one at £179 + vat

We are so alike i have the sc430 and so do you, and your wife has the focus cc so does mine.

The smart top have one unit left at the Hainualt branch if your after one at £179 + vat

Only if I get one for my car!!!

And im still looking for a set of wheels!!

Guest inicol63

Shunter Are you after aftermarket wheels?

If so try www.wheelmania.co.uk that were i got mine from.

Mr Mole your now dumped i taking out Mrs Mole she the one that gives me cakes.

ps did i leave my watch by the bed while you were away on the rig? :D

these LOC 3 way relationships or 4ways could get messy lol

i will have a look at the details later as getting a bit ****** at the mo if you get one thats a DIY kit my offer still stands from a month or so ago hey we could even investigate the wheels then lol sorry not got back to you on that

Rabs

Guest inicol63

Rabs did you have a good birthday?

Wheels mate come and try them on your car asap as i going to put them on eBay but i want you to try them before i do this.

Roof is no big hurry but if and when i do i have you and Johnboy over for a car day.

Ian