Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Power

Hey,

I know this is a common topic but im looking to get more power out of my is200.

I dont know what route to take and am looking to spend about 5k or so...

Is an engine swap a possiblity? and what engine? 1jz or 20 jz?

Supercharge maybe? And what make / or what website can i get it on?

Turbo? would the engine handle it?

cheers for any help!!

Eric.

hmm for 5k your really looking at a charger, i'm currently looking into a 1G or 1JZ conversion and it's set to be around 7-9k depending on how big I want to go, my goal is 400 at the wheels so i'm looking at a single. Only problem on the 1JZ is sourcing a R154 gearbox but your better off just trying to find a manual soarer/chaser with the 1JZ lump :)

My other option was a RB20DET swap to be really different which is not out of the question but due to the manufacturer it will cost a little more due to the pig of an issue that will be the electrics.

Superchargers come up from time to time for sale on here, keep your eye out.

Engine swap is a possibility, Stav recently had a 1G-GTE swap done, Yeldarb has had a 3S-GTE swap. Both have threads describing them in this forum.

SPC Horsham have done a turbo conversion on w481ggc's (Dave's) car, including new cylinder head and new internals.

Monster-Mat and gsportcars both have a 2JZ-GTE.

For £5k your struggling.

£7k and you can have a 1GGTE conversion, drive in, drive out. Full standalone ECU, custom exhaust etc.

The standard engine wont handle more than 0.3 bar boost. so youd need stronger rods/pistons to start, getting them and fitting will eat most of your 5K so your best with a swap IMHO unless you can do a lot of the work yourself?

Stav

For £5k your struggling.

£7k and you can have a 1GGTE conversion, drive in, drive out. Full standalone ECU, custom exhaust etc.

The standard engine wont handle more than 0.3 bar boost. so youd need stronger rods/pistons to start, getting them and fitting will eat most of your 5K so your best with a swap IMHO unless you can do a lot of the work yourself?

Stav

I think you man wants well over the 7k for the 1G GTE conversion now mate :D don't see why mind :question:

I think you man wants well over the 7k for the 1G GTE conversion now mate :D don't see why mind :question:

Does he?

Since when?

would anyone know anything about this turbo? like if its good or bad?

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/LI2501-X

You'll still need new internals etc unless you keep the boost right down.

Your problem is the standard internals are made from toffee.... No matter how you generate boost you run the risk of bending them without uprating the rods etc. The other usual tuning routes aren't worth much real BHP and cost many £'s for relatively little gain.

£ for £ engine swap comes out on top if you want 300+ BHP IMHO. Supra engines are massive and heavy but one of the best engines ever made and will deliver more power than you will ever need, Stavs 1G GTE swap works well and it isn't that much more weight than the standard one so I assume the handling isn't affected massively, and mine handles more like a powerful Altezza with my 3S GTE conversion, but isn't as smooth as it is a 4 cyl not a 6 cyl. It will also cost £7K depending on your specification requests.

Come to Santa Pod in 2 weeks and see the options available?

Does he?

Since when?

He has told another member on here 7.5k, is the other 2k+ over what you paid just labour :question:

Does he?

Since when?

He has told another member on here 7.5k, is the other 2k+ over what you paid just labour :question:

Different overall specs?

Does he?

Since when?

Yeah i found that out yester after i posed the Q. Havent spoke to him to ask why.

But the extra money is for extra labour, machining etc, that he didnt envisage before doing my swap.

Stav

Does he?

Since when?

Yeah i found that out yester after i posed the Q. Havent spoke to him to ask why.

But the extra money is for extra labour, machining etc, that he didnt envisage before doing my swap.

Stav

sound for all the advice lads!