Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When approaching the drivers side of the car with key in pocket the door doesn't unlock untill I place my had behind the door handle.

Whilest on the passenger side the door unlocks when I walk upto it.

I've been used to the IS250SE-l which didn't open until reaching behind the handle, and I much prefer this.

Do you think there is a fault on the car? Or am I doing something wrong?

Definitely something wrong with that, it's only supposed to open when you put your hand round the handle, otherwise technically it would unlock if you left it parked on a street and walked past it........

Definitely something wrong with that, it's only supposed to open when you put your hand round the handle, otherwise technically it would unlock if you left it parked on a street and walked past it........

Quitr right, mine only unlocks when I move any of the four handles.

When I went to collect the car, the salesman actually told me that the smart entry worked differently on this car than on my 250sel, during the car presentation runthrough :/

Did he actually think I wouldn't read the manual, or ask anyone else?

One more job for the next service, along with the wheel refubishment.

When I went to collect the car, the salesman actually told me that the smart entry worked differently on this car than on my 250sel, during the car presentation runthrough :/

Did he actually think I wouldn't read the manual, or ask anyone else?

One more job for the next service, along with the wheel refubishment.

Surely better getting everything fixed now rather than leaving until service is due.

Yes,the fault is with the human,read the hand book,or come to a meet,,,,and learn something.the car is OK

I don't see anything relevant in the hand book.

It shows how to change the unlock options, but as I understand it, regardless of which ever unlock option is chosen, activation should still occur when placing a hand in the door handle, and not by only having the key near the car.

As for waiting for the service, I may forced to do something sooner. I checked the tyres pressures today, one was 5lb lower in pressure than the rest. I can't see an obvious problems with the tyre, so it may have been incorrectly inflated at the dealers. I'll wait a few days and check it again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links