Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ferrari 360

Not sure if this is such a big deal to anyone else, but I was just browsing through the online Autotrader and I noticed you can pick up Ferrari 360 Modena with about 40K on the clock for £39k, I though that for a relatively new generation Ferrari is flippin cheap, or am I missing something????

that is cheap but you have to remember that service cost will be unbeliveable, we had a italian car fest in bristol a couple of weeks back and spoke to some of the guys about costs, clutch £3000 unfitted, service needs 2 a year £500-£1000 each, also you will need the ferrari service stamp in the book otherwise its going to hurt resale value massively.

Catch 22 unfortunealety

Guest inicol63

If you need to renew the manifold there £5000-£10000 and they do go.

So you need deep all round pockets.

But what a car for your money...

tbh you buy cars like that with your heart and not with your head, if we listend to our heads then alot of us wouldn't own our is200's :)

I guess its down to personal circumstances.

For example, my IS200 is my daily driver- it has been for the past 6 years, I have clocked up 80k in these 6 years. To me my car is cheap motoring- maintainance is mostly DIY (basic servicing etc), complex jobs get done by my uncle who is a mechanic/MOT tester. In 6 years of ownership my IS200 has cost me in cosumables- no major mechanical failures and I can't see there being any. My car has now done 121k- I want put another 121k on the clock before I get rid.

These IS200's are built to last.

That is nice to hear, but I think that's probably around a 10 year old 360? That's probably about right given the current state of the economy, and as others have said maintenance of a Ferrari is very expensive so older ones are going to depreciate badly (people with loads of money will buy newer, so older cars will only go to the sort who really want a Ferrari - probably like me in a few years hopefully!)

I'd probably buy an Aston though unless money was no object as I'm sure they're a lot cheaper to run and a little more reliable.......

Surely something like an RS4 or GTR which has similar/better performance but day to day living and reliability would be a better bet and cheaper.

Dont the ferrari's run dry clutches as well meaning they only last about 5000 miles ? I know the Ducati bikes do but they only last 3000 miles and are about a 1000 to replace. This is why I hate 90% of Italian vehicles its one thing to make a fast car but then making it reliable and cost effective for the owner is another thing, which they quite clearly cannot do (alfa's fiats) rant over lol