Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fault Code Po136

hi peps, ecu light on & trc off warning light flashing, got a code po136 what is this if anyone could help, i'd be very gratefull. ta

Have you had any work done on the exhaust system recently ? It's a problem with the O2 sensor that fits into the exhaust behind the main cat. See the diagram on the second page here.

Could be a problem caused by work in that area, might just be a new sensor that's needed.

You have a similar problem to me. My is issue with with bank 2 sensor 2.

So have you finally had a code come up now ? After your engine check light was coming on but with no codes ?

So if it was P0156 for you, Bank 2 Sensor 2 on an IS300, then that's in the exhaust just before the cat. The picture on page 2 here shows it on a LHD drive car, on the passenger side, but I presume it'd be under the driver's side on RHD.

Assuming it's the only code and no work has been done in that area recently, you too probably need a new sensor.

So have you finally had a code come up now ? After your engine check light was coming on but with no codes ?

So if it was P0156 for you, Bank 2 Sensor 2 on an IS300, then that's in the exhaust just before the cat. The picture on page 2 here shows it on a LHD drive car, on the passenger side, but I presume it'd be under the driver's side on RHD.

Assuming it's the only code and no work has been done in that area recently, you too probably need a new sensor.

I got my OBD reader today and I have this code:

P0161 O2Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank #2 Sensor #2)

I think the sensor it after the cat I think from this link.

It did only show up one error code, which was a relief as I was starting to get a bit worried.

I am looking for prices for the sensor now, I hope it does not cost too much as I think I will get a Lexus part and I can get sorted when the car is service next weekend.

I got my ODB reader today and I have this code:

P0161 O2Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank #2 Sensor #2)

I think the sensor it after the cat I think from this link.

It did only show up one error code, which was a relief as I was starting to get a bit worried.

I am looking for prices for the sensor now, I hope it does not cost too much as I think I will get a Lexus part and I can get sorted when the car is service next weekend.

Yes, sorry, you're right, I interpreted the diagram wrongly before and it does look like it's after the cat.

The sensor looks like it will be between £150 and £190 from Lexus/Toyota, as far as I can see.

The diagnostic codes are HERE

Your fault code is:

P0136 O2Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank #1 Sensor #2)

thanks mate £185 plus vat from lexus.

The diagnostic codes are HERE

Your fault code is:

P0136 O2Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank #1 Sensor #2)

thanks mate £185 plus vat from lexus.

I have just ordered from Lexus Parts Direct for £170.46 including VAT and delivery, there is a couple day lead time.

i had the same problem last year i got an o2 sensor shipped in from usa and only cost £70 including all shipping and customs, eBay usa is good for is300 parts! and reallly really really easy to swap it over yourself the only tool you need is a 17mm or 19mm spanner, if you look under the car from the drivers side at the area of where the doors meet you will see it screwed into the exhaust, then just chase the cable up into the car and reconnect it all under the carpet, took me about 10 minutes to do!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links