Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Advice - Is200 Running Wide Rear

hodaz

About to purchase a new set of wheels, unforthunately they'll not be here until July as there coming from Japan.

The fronts are 8" wide and rears 9" wide. I'm just wondering what brand/size tyres you lot would reccommend? Obviously I'll need something decent in the wet running a 9" rear on a heavy RWD car like my IS200.

Size wise I was thing about going for 215-35-18 front and 225-35-18 rear to help arch clearance?

About to purchase a new set of wheels, unforthunately they'll not be here until July as there coming from Japan.

The fronts are 8" wide and rears 9" wide. I'm just wondering what brand/size tyres you lot would reccommend? Obviously I'll need something decent in the wet running a 9" rear on a heavy RWD car like my IS200.

Size wise I was thing about going for 215-35-18 front and 225-35-18 rear to help arch clearance?

What off-set you getting :question: i also think 225-35-18 is to thin on a 9" wheel, but you may like the look :D

What off-set you getting :question: i also think 225-35-18 is to thin on a 9" wheel, but you may like the look :D

I'm not sure that 225 will fit on a 9" wheel at all, the tables I've looked at suggest that 235 is the absolute minimum, and even that will be stretched. 245 or 255 would be the norm for that size of wheel.

Didnt think 225/35/18 is excessive stretch on a 9" wide rear. I've stetched way further than that lol. My mate has a Corrado and he has 9x16's all round and runs 195/40/16's! Probably go for a 205/35/18 front.

225/35/18 on a 9" rim.

9_225_35_R19_Falken_FK452.jpg

205/35/18 on a 8" rim

8_205_35_R18.jpg

Didnt think 225/35/18 is excessive stretch on a 9" wide rear. I've stetched way further than that lol. My mate has a Corrado and he has 9x16's all round and runs 195/40/16's! Probably go for a 205/35/18 front.

225/35/18 on a 9" rim.

9_225_35_R19_Falken_FK452.jpg

205/35/18 on a 8" rim

8_205_35_R18.jpg

As i said, if you like that sort of look :D but it is not the correct size of tyre for the wheel :winky:

Also whats the ET off-set of your new wheels :question:

The ET on the rear wheel is 40, which I know is about 10mm more than it should be. So a slight strecth on the tyre, bit of camber and a slight flare on the arch should be fine (I hope)

The ET on the rear wheel is 40, which I know is about 10mm more than it should be. So a slight strecth on the tyre, bit of camber and a slight flare on the arch should be fine (I hope)

Well i had 9'' rear on the Altezza with ET50 needed the arch cutting away :o

So with ET40 think you will need a bit more than slight flare :o