Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Mot Or Tax Help

Hi guys I have the car booked in for an MOT tomorrow, now it's not had a MOT since Feb & I declared it SORN at the same time as it could not be used clearly, but it's still insured. I just need to know am I legally allowed to drive to the MOT station(to hopefully pass) on the other side of town tomorrow? I don't want to be risking points on my licence etc or fines I can not afford, I also have no other way of getting the car there then driving it.

Any help asap will be appreciated.

if ure car is booked into a mot station u just need to inform ure insurance of time and date and ure all legal if pulled

Great stuff mate, I see it depends alot on being pre-booked in which it is so I should be ok. Won't take longer than 5mins to get there anyway, but being a small town a police car is bound to pass me with my luck lol..

driving too and from a place of mot is legal(you can also drive it home again with out mot) also you dont need to inform your insurace company as you will have proof you were going to or from the mot station ie with a booking.

hope it passes mate so you can get out in it once again.

Have you taxed it again now ? Presumably you can't since you don't have MoT ? So is it legal to drive it like that without tax ?

No it will be SORN still Steve as you need the MOT to get the Tax as you said ;) so I assume it must be ok without tax to & from will find out tomorrow. As soon as it passes I'll go on the net & do the tax, then back here to look for Santa Pod ticket :P

Great news ! :D

Indeed it is now the brakes work lol.. just got to find the paperwork when i get home. I had a lovely file with all the car stuff in so I didn't lose them, but now I've lost the file haha..

driving too and from a place of mot is legal(you can also drive it home again with out mot) also you dont need to inform your insurace company as you will have proof you were going to or from the mot station ie with a booking.

just for future reference if u dont inform ure insurance u r driving without ure mot, even if ure on way to mot station and u have a crash they can and will refuse a pay out untill u produce a valid mot, wich will be impossible for u to do.

just for future reference if u dont inform ure insurance u r driving without ure mot, even if ure on way to mot station and u have a crash they can and will refuse a pay out untill u produce a valid mot, wich will be impossible for u to do.

Thanks it's all MOT now phew anyway, just not going to drive till the tax disc arrives even though I can for 5 days. But I just don't need the hassle if I can avoid it which I can.. So looking forward to the post ;)

good news mate bet you cant wait to get out and about in it.

Will be nice mate, been in my old car (now my brothers) little Renault Clio 1.2 16v good fun throwing it around, but doesnt go anywhere fast lol..

Also been driving my dad around in a Range Rover Sport (auto) never driven an auto before that & I'm starting to really like it. So comfortable and high up as well, was well strange getting back in the Lex going over to the MOT station. Felt really low down even though mine looks like it's on stilts haha..