Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Busy Saturday

Evening all,

Well I had a busy saturday morning/afternoon in between the heavy rain downfalls and managed to get a fair bit done to the IS.

The main order of the day was a brand spanking new headunit install, namely the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD double din unit.

Why this unit?? Well, i looked what was out there below the £450-500 price mark and after speaking to a lot of independent people this unit was highly reccomended for both looks, quality and adaptability/expansion. I managed to get hold of it for a very good price IMO compared to RRP so that was a winner also! lol.

Anyhow, I took a few pics along the way so here we go:

starting to strip the dash

P1000426.jpg

P1000427.jpg

P1000428.jpg

Dash fully stripped now, bypass cable fitted and video earth cable connected to gearstick surround bolt

P1000431.jpg

Headunit installed - notice the fascia mod has also been completed making it all look like one flushed piece. Interestingly, this fascia surround kit provides a tapered finish where the two pieces join and add that little more character to the whole thing. Apparently most fascia surround kits are flat. The TRC/Snow and heated seat controls were also switched over.

P1000435.jpg

P1000444.jpg

Some Features of the Unit - courtesy of the Pioneer CD-I220 Ipod control cable fitted in the glove box along with a USB adapter

Radio and Ipod Playback using the Pioneer interface

P1000437.jpg

P1000438.jpg

P1000439.jpg

P1000433.jpg

P1000434.jpg

Video Playback direct from iPod

P1000440.jpg

P1000441.jpg

P1000442.jpg

P1000443.jpg

night time shot

P1000449.jpg

Initial impressions: Well, i was blown away by the quality and amount of functions this unit has!! The sound quality on the OEM speakers is absolutely superb!! We were all pretty impressed with how good the sound quality was considering its all running off stock speakers. A great addition to the car and at least now the missus can watch some movies if she gets bored!! lol!!

Also yesterday we changed the drivers side headlight as it was seriously crazed and needed replacing

only pic i got mid-way through

amended.jpg

And whilst we were there the horns got relocated - unfortunately the hole most use on the crash bar just kept spinning the bolt (tried several) so we found another new home for them and they can't be seen through the grill now!!

before

hornsbefore.jpg

after

hornsafter.jpg

I'd like to say a MASSIVE thanks to Paul Cross and Redz_UK for their help yesterday!! This wouldn't/couldn't have been done without you lads and its a testament to the club that there are so many members willing to help out. Cheers again lads and anytime u need a hand, give me a shout.

Rob

looks stunning mate lovely looking head unit you have their!!did you hook it up to the handbrake switch so the screen only works with the hand brake on or did you just earth it out so it works all the time?i earth'd mine out no point in having a screen if you can only watch it with the handbrake on!! :lol:

earthed so i can play video's/dvd's on the go - not for me to watch mind!! no point otherwise! lol!!!

mines earthed out aswell but i dont watch mine on the move either :winky: :winky: :winky: lol!!

Looks very nice mate, and yep that tapered fascia surround looks really tidy :)

What's the thing on the left of the cigarette lighter with what looks to be + and - buttons on it?

about time you got the pics up. but i know you busy with uni in the lab :). looks really good at night. i enjoyed doing it and anytime you need help with anything else just ask :). you know your going to want to put a sub in now wink wink. i might think about getting that facia kit now as it looks better than a flat 1 :)

cheers for the positive comments guys!! Just need to get my Bluetooth fully wired into the headunit loom and voila!! all singing all dancing setup!!

the more i think of it the more i like the idea of putting a smallish sub in, to increase the quality during movies etc (even though its pretty damn good as it stands) - i promised myself i wouldnt go down the whole speaker upgrade route though!! :shutit:

anyhow, as for the fascia i've had a few pm's and people ask where its from. I found the link to the eBay seller i got mine from - a steel at 12 quid!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS-200-Car-Ste...93%3A1|294%3A50

(CS-L095, CSS is whats written on the packet)

hope thats of help to some of you anyhow.

bought n paid for!!

hope they send me the same one!

i have a little sub you may be interested in mate.. pm me if your interested.. now youve started you will want more!

bought n paid for!!

i have a little sub you may be interested in mate.. pm me if your interested.. now youve started you will want more!

how would i go about installing it etc?? would i need a box or similar to fit it into?? wasnt wanting to spend much to be honest so if there's a lot of extras to add on i'll probably give it a miss??

bought n paid for!!

how would i go about installing it etc?? would i need a box or similar to fit it into?? wasnt wanting to spend much to be honest so if there's a lot of extras to add on i'll probably give it a miss??

Sub, Box, Amp, Cables if your not after anything to flashy you won't have to spend much mate.. But then you'll want to upgrade the others, which I personally haven't yet as I agree the stock can work well if your happy & like everything else you will want more & more lol.. :)

never really been into the mega loud music/cr@p load of bass etc etc, but something to compliment the movies perhaps would be nice?? the bass quality at the minute is quite nice and punchy, but if i can add to it a little for a relatively low cost then i'd consider it for sure....

@rob: would need a box which we could build but you would also need an amp and power cables.. i could put something together for about £200 that wouldnt be overpowering and would be very nice..

@stav: 10" and only needs a small box.. (0.675cuft) might even work in the spare wheel well...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links