Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300 Starting Problems

bigyin

I was previously a very, very, very happy IS200 owner. However due to the lack of grunt in the 200 (as you are probably aware of) I decided to upgrade to the 300 back in October 2001.

The 300 is superb, the extra power and the auto box are GR8. However one small problem!

Since buying the car, every time I try to start the car from cold it doesn't turn over 1st time.

In fact I am now on my 2nd 300 which happens to have the same problem. The 1st car was so bad that there were days when it wouldn't start. Lexus replaced the car (after LOADS of complaining) but the new car has the same issue! I discovered High Octane fuel 'hid' the problem for a few weeks but it now happening again. So any other IS300 owners out there with the same issue?

I assume by the lack of reponse to my post that either there are very few IS300's out there or that no one has any issues! If there are any IS300's out there with problems I would like to know.

On another note, I've only had this particular IS300 for 5 weeks and I noticed at the weekend that my exhaust is corroding!! Looks like I've joined that club now as well :(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep on a bad day we have 3 tries, but there is a problem with this and lexus do need to get it sorted. Had a 200 for 2 years and only had that problem a few times had the 300 for 2 weeks and its every other day. Well it feels like it anyway:(

Well, I'm glad to hear that some of you have had no issue. Unfortunaltely for me it's too late. After 6 months and having driven 6 cars all with the same issues, Lexus gave me my money back. So more more IS300 for me.

Anyway, I will say that Lexus customer support were very fair with me, so when they get these issues resolved I may buy another one, since they are actually great cars.

So happy driving.