Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Woop Woop Finally Done The Fog To Brake Mod

hello peeps heres some points

1)fog to brake why not road legal??you have fogs that work and extra brake lights(some people think you just do away with the fogs you dont thats what the diodes are for!!)

2)number plates i get hell for but im not changing them!!lol i paid good money for them(£9.00 the pair) :D

3)we fall out every time i talk about getting the windows tinted!!lol!!(joys of being married to a traffic cop)shes studying for her sargents exams which are in two weeks so if she passes i'll get even more greef!!!

4)pulsing brake lights(doesnt matter what ones)legal and mot pass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i'm used to the fog to brake cant stop their, now i want fog to brake to tail light has anyone done this?is their a how too and what do i need?i know i need new bulb holders what else?any pics?

now i'm used to the fog to brake cant stop their, now i want fog to brake to tail light has anyone done this?is their a how too and what do i need?i know i need new bulb holders what else?any pics?

I have a kind of how too i've added to the how to for the fog conversion.

you need 7443 tower LED's and 7443 bulb holders as well.

Heres an old email explanation i sent:

Skyline style rear lights

The fogs normally hold 7440 single filiment lights so they only light up to one brightness. To make the fogs as rear lights and fog lights then you need holders for dual filment lights (7443's). These light up one brightness and then go brighter (like your normal back lights.)

You can get these from the dealers (not cheap) or from here: http://superlumination.com/7443_7440.htm Three quarters down the page. You need two 7443 holders,

Then you just cut the lamp holders off the fogs, and connect the earth and high feed wires to the original wires. then the third wire to the Green wire from one of the rear lights.

Then you can add the Fog/brake mod to this as well.

Here you go:http://www.mediafire.com/?jknunwnzmq0

Stav

thanks mate that walk through amazing well you were right about me wanting the full conversion.have you done it?you have any pics?

also have many people on loc done this conversion??

ps stave were'd you get the bulb holders?part number?

You can buy them from the website i've linked to or people have got them from Lexus,

their just the same bulb holder as the normal rear lights

looked here: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2003_LEXU...EFVKW_8111.html

but that seems to show a harness with all three bulbs on and you only want the rear light one.

Stav

cheers mate going to get this done asap think this mod looks amazing so soon as its done i'll get the pics up. B)

going to do mine soon. cant wait.

what you going to do?fog to brake? or what me and mr mole are going to do??light/brake/fog mod?ie so when you put your lights on you have 4 lights on at the rear and when you brake you have 4 brighter lights at the rear.

ooooh i fancy doing this too,not to bad on the old wiring will need to get a list and a how to sorted.stav could you pm me something cheers

what one you fancy doing mate fog to brake or the full montey light/brake/fog?

theirs a link on how to do them both

fog to brake and light/brake/fog

the link is thanks to stav

thanks mate that walk through amazing well you were right about me wanting the full conversion.have you done it?you have any pics?

also have many people on loc done this conversion??

ps stave were'd you get the bulb holders?part number?

Toyota part number

cord rr combination 81555-53010 x2 of

Also did this on mine.

i dont know if i want whole lot. might just stick t fog/brake mod

to do the fog too brake all you need is two 35p resistors from maplans a few connectors and some wire. and 5mins of your time to do it.

• 2 months later...

I did the fog-brake convertion but i noticed something not good.

Fog lights are much brighter than the brake lights. I think it would really be nice to have about the same light output in the eye.

OEM bulbs for the fog lights are 21watt. I searched in the local market but couldn't find any lower watt of that bulb...

Maybe a LED type could much the brake light better?

Can someone recommend a solution?

I was thinking to make the full convertion fog-brake-side, but i really don't want my fog/brake lights to be much brighter than my brake lights...

I did the fog-brake convertion but i noticed something not good.

Fog lights are much brighter than the brake lights. I think it would really be nice to have about the same light output in the eye.

OEM bulbs for the fog lights are 21watt. I searched in the local market but couldn't find any lower watt of that bulb...

Maybe a led type could much the brake light better?

Can someone recommend a solution?

I was thinking to make the full convertion fog-brake-side, but i really don't want my fog/brake lights to be much brighter than my brake lights...

i done the full conversion mate and all my lights are the same brightness if you check out post...... Pulsing Brake Light bulbs Fitted In Fog/brake/light Mod you will see mine working if you click on the links to watch the video's.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links