Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Bypass Cable

As title guys - I am looking for the bypass cable for charger. Chris - (aztecbandit ) tells me that TTE have them in stock but I have not had any reply from them at all.

I know someone got one made up at a bike shop and would do that but don't have the spec , size,length diameter etc .

Any assistance appreciated since I now have a buyer for my starlet so need to get the charger kit on asap..and its still sitting in a box in my living room.

Cheers

Kev

u will not get the cable at a bike shop.... what u will get is the actual inner and outer cable but not the end that has the spring - and u need this for the cable to work properly.

try tte again or bermani ch as they made the kit in the first place.

u will not get the cable at a bike shop.... what u will get is the actual inner and outer cable but not the end that has the spring - and u need this for the cable to work properly.

Hi Rob , thanks for reply . I should have said I already have the spring part - it seems to be the one pictured on this thread.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...9&hl=spring

So it is just the cable I need but don't know what to ask for at bike shop.??

Tried to look at Bermani website but the English version doesn't seem to work and my German is sadly limited to a few choice phrases which are only of use in a beer kellar...

I know Besty (old member) got one made up at a bike shop, he took his old cable into the shop to see what they could do for him (if anything) and from what Besty told me, they made or found him one the same size for only a few £s

TTE do have them, but it was something like 40+ euro's

Gord was wondering if you could find me one aswell mate

No offence but cant you go down your local bike shop yourself?

he said besty found his own, Gord didnt get it for him.

I know Besty (old member) got one made up at a bike shop, he took his old cable into the shop to see what they could do for him (if anything) and from what Besty told me, they made or found him one the same size for only a few £s

TTE do have them, but it was something like 40+ euro's

Yep mate, I did the same in Greece. I went to a local bike shop with my old cable and i got a new cable together with the ends for 2 euro, hehehe.

Hi Rob , thanks for reply . I should have said I already have the spring part - it seems to be the one pictured on this thread.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...9&hl=spring

So it is just the cable I need but don't know what to ask for at bike shop.??

Tried to look at Bermani website but the English version doesn't seem to work and my German is sadly limited to a few choice phrases which are only of use in a beer kellar...

no - the other end of the cable has a long spring thats the bit that u will not get in a bike shop...

if u take a broken cable to a bike shop then they will re use the main parts.. which it appears is what u have had done..

no - the other end of the cable has a long spring thats the bit that u will not get in a bike shop...

if u take a broken cable to a bike shop then they will re use the main parts.. which it appears is what u have had done..

Has anyone got a pic of the other end that Robs talking about ?

Asi - whats wrong with your one mate ? Might be an idea if I could perhaps borrow it and go down bikeshop , get two made- one for me and freebie for you for your trouble ??

Gord - yes mate TTE apparently do have them and think from memory Chris said about 28 euros plus vat plus delivery -which I dont really mind paying but they are not responding to my emails- anybody got a better email contact with them than the generic one on their site?

open your bonnet and have a look at where the cable attaches to the throttle body and u will see the spring

Rob -you are getting me well confused mate - under the bonnet I cant see any spring. It is just the stock throttle contol lever ? I am not sure if the bypass cable that the charger needs actually replaces the existing cable -and if it does it would seem that it is only a simple 'round end ' connector that I am sure a bike shop could do. My problem is that i dont have any cable at all since it was not included in the kit I bought - was damaged in fire.

Heres some pics if that helps.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Thanks Adrian for the pm re tte email address.

open your bonnet and have a look at where the cable attaches to the throttle body and u will see the spring

Rob -you are getting me well confused mate - under the bonnet I cant see any spring. It is just the stock throttle contol lever ? I am not sure if the bypass cable that the charger needs actually replaces the existing cable -and if it does it would seem that it is only a simple 'round end ' connector that I am sure a bike shop could do. My problem is that i dont have any cable at all since it was not included in the kit I bought - was damaged in fire.

Heres some pics if that helps.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Thanks Adrian for the pm re tte email address.

Rob is on about the spring on the bypass cable its self :D

Woops, just had another read, re the fire bit, well in that case, you better off getting from TTE Kev :D

Seems like that is the best option - just getting frustrated with no reply - maybe I am too impatient - will chase them up.

cheers

Kev

do you also have a small bracket that has a cable holder and 2 bolt holes in it???

u will need that.

Yeh he's got that bit Rob, i put it in a box with all the bolts,

Was just the cable that was damaged at the throttle end and melted all the covering on it so it wouldnt move at all!

Kev just seen this mate, Did you email here? Andreas.Goergen@toyota-f1.com this is the person i emailed that i sent you a copy of in one of the last PM's? :unsure: the part number for the cable is AM27958,

Yes mate thats the one I used (except never used upper case ?? - maybe thats the problem? Also sent another one to generic email addy from their website - same no response.

Maybe you can answer Robs question for me Chris ??

Kev just seen this mate, Did you email here? Andreas.Goergen@toyota-f1.com this is the person i emailed that i sent you a copy of in one of the last PM's? :unsure: the part number for the cable is AM27958,

Yes mate thats the one I used (except never used upper case ?? - maybe thats the problem? Also sent another one to generic email addy from their website - same no response.

He has Kev, and yer Chris saying he put into box :D

He has Kev, and yer Chris saying he put into box :D

Gord-I am well slow at two finger typing mate. My only excuse is that some of my effin neighbours have just got wireless connection and my laptop seems to want to connect to theirs every 5 minutes and cuts mine off.. cant seem to get it changed either cos I dont have admin rights - (works computer) Chris will probably have replied before this gets posted too. :whistling:

told you - before I even reply I can see he has .. Cheers Matey have just had a look in box and there is various bolts /connector strips

Kev if you get stuck mate, give me a shout and i'll see if i can get it sorted :)

Cheers Chris - have emailed them again tonight so see If they get back to me in the next day or two.

Yes mate thats the one I used (except never used upper case ?? - maybe thats the problem?

No, it wouldn't be that. Email addresses are not case-sensitive.

Yes mate thats the one I used (except never used upper case ?? - maybe thats the problem?

No, it wouldn't be that. Email addresses are not case-sensitive.

I wasn't sure about that but all good now - He has been on holiday and replied this morning. - good news is it is in stock -price is 42.54 Euros inc shipping for anyone interested.

Thanks for all the responses.

Cheers

Kev

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links