Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Born Every Minute.....

Anees

shocking !. Crazy thing is tho, he seems quite happy with the car. lol :duh:

i agree he seems over the moon with it!!!he could have got a is200 and insured it for that money!!

shocking !. Crazy thing is tho, he seems quite happy with the car. lol :duh:

i agree he seems over the moon with it!!!he could have got a is200 and insured it for that money!!

and supercharged it.

In September 2007 my daughter got a brand new Proton Savvy 1.2 (which uses the 1.2 Clio running gear) for around £5500 (after a bit of haggling) with parking sensors,e/w cd player etc. etc. Fortunately we paid cash so no interest payments but he could have bought TWO of them for what he is paying for his 4 year old Clio.

I keep laughing when he keeps saying his car is a "nice car"........... well its ok if it was purchased at a price that reflects what its worth

but some people are not as diplomatic:

We cant really focus on your car because quite frankly, its rubbish. I mean look at it, its a bottom of the range Clio with no kit and crappy wheel trims. I'm not normally one to rain on people with crud cars because hey not everyone can afford a decent car but you've just spend nearly ten thousand quid on a 2005 Clio so frankly whats the point in putting sugar coating on it?

:blush:

I actually thought carcraft was like carland (just a car dealer), so is it like Yes car credit? Essentially a rip off loan provider with a car dealer attached?

That poor guy. I hate to hear stories like that, but it is just a total rip off isn't it. I just lve the fact that you can buy a brand new Clio for less than what he is paying! Crazy. And it really isn't a good car or spec is it.

I couldn't read anymore, i didn't know if i shoud've been laughing or crying!

I might offer him a part-ex on my Lex, i'm sure he'd agree to pay me 5k and give me the car which i could then sell for 2k. After all as he said its only money! Lol!

This type of person has to buy from sub prime credit companies because their credit score is so poor.They havent got the choice of looking around for a better deal.He probably missed most of the payments on his old Punto :crybaby:

This type of person has to buy from sub prime credit companies because their credit score is so poor.They havent got the choice of looking around for a better deal.He probably missed most of the payments on his old Punto :crybaby:

very true, it also seems like no one else was involved, just him going and buying it, i would have taken probally my parents or freinds at that age just to make sure i was seeing sense

i think its one of those, when you go to look at a car, you fall in love with it, but you not sure, but because you are in love with it, you buy it anywhere and then deeply regret it

I wouldn't even recommend to my worst enemy that they buy a car from a car supermarket.

I quickly read the thread linked, basically the guy has ended up with a very expensive loan with a car attached to it.

No wonder we are in a recession!

That is absolutely bloody mental!

I have to say I actually feel sorry for the lad, surely he must have someone he could have discussed this with?

At least he's getting loads of sympathy on that other forum :lol:

Thing is, the fact he didn't want to talk about the price means that he knew how stupid it was but still went ahead with it - could be the fault of society today, but we have a heavy borrowing culture, if you see something you want, you have to have it regardless of the price or what it will cost to borrow the money...........satisfaction now, worry about the cost later :shutit:

Heard about this a few days ago. Now im starting to drive in september :(, and will want a little run around before maybe a.... lexus ahah. But even im not that stupid to fork out 10k over 5 years for what essentially is a box on wheels.

A clio maybe a good choice for a first driver, for maybe 1k or something. But 10k..... good luck to him:(

I have alot of my pupils asking me about companies like car Car Craft and other such supermarkets with their £20 per week finance deals. I stopped one girl from paying over £12,000 over six years for a base spec Peugeot 206. They need to teach people about this kind of thing at school. It makes me absolutly sick.

You can't really blame these companies too much, they shouldn't be able to exist but they do because people are idiots...........why do these people need to buy a car so badly when they clearly can't afford it?

Carcraft et al are taking on a big risk by giving these people a loan (as it's highly likely they won't get all their money) so it makes sense that they charge so much for it - let's remember here that this is the absolute last resort in terms of getting a loan, it's only because no one else will give you one that you would consider this (so therefore means your credit must be horrendous)

:ban-em: No different really to places like Brighthouse and Provident except on more expensive items. A lot of people don't really look at "total cost" just whether they can afford the weekly/monthly payments, sad but true.

You can't really blame these companies too much, they shouldn't be able to exist but they do because people are idiots...........why do these people need to buy a car so badly when they clearly can't afford it?

Carcraft et al are taking on a big risk by giving these people a loan (as it's highly likely they won't get all their money) so it makes sense that they charge so much for it - let's remember here that this is the absolute last resort in terms of getting a loan, it's only because no one else will give you one that you would consider this (so therefore means your credit must be horrendous)

All true, of course, except that a lot of people it's not really the last resort. They look at the 'low monthly payments' and don't bother to investigate alternatives or, as others have rightly said, think of the full cost over the years.

All true, of course, except that a lot of people it's not really the last resort. They look at the 'low monthly payments' and don't bother to investigate alternatives or, as others have rightly said, think of the full cost over the years.

That is actually a fair point, not sure who is more stupid - the guy who buys at this rate when he clearly can't afford it, or the guy who buys at this rate when he can get cheaper finance........... :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links