Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Brake Discs And Pads (is250)

sidp

Hi all,

I need to replace front and rear pads and discs on my is250.

Seem to get quoted around £520 from various lexus dealers (compared to 600+ at kwikfit lol) - but have seen online prices (quite hard to find more than a couple) for around £260 inc vat/delivered. Not sure I want to risk getting cheap/wrong ones - and then find a place to fit them as I have no idea what kind of labour charge is reasonable..

Last quote though from lexus was £420 - which I'll probably go for - as they're doing some recall work and will give a courtesy car for the day.

Just wanted to know if this sounds reasonable.. thanks for any comments or suggestions....

I told them I was a member of LOC but I think the dealership has just changed hands - but they seemed happy to honour the discount (even though the guy at the front desk didnt know if I meant before or after the £420) before he agreed it :)

Sid

Hi all,

Seem to get quoted around £520 from various lexus dealers (compared to 600+ at kwikfit lol) - but have seen online prices (quite hard to find more than a couple) for around £260 inc vat/delivered. Not sure I want to risk getting cheap/wrong ones - and then find a place to fit them as I have no idea what kind of labour charge is reasonable..

Last quote though from lexus was £420 - which I'll probably go for - as they're doing some recall work and will give a courtesy car for the day.

Just wanted to know if this sounds reasonable.. thanks for any comments or suggestions....

I told them I was a member of LOC but I think the dealership has just changed hands - but they seemed happy to honour the discount (even though the guy at the front desk didnt know if I meant before or after the £420) before he agreed it :)

Sid

Hi there Sid, How many miles have you covered I was quoted £290 for front discs and pads from a local performance workshop my IS 250 SEL has just over 30K. Have you yours changed yet and if so what make of disc and pads did the delaer use?

Hi there Sid, How many miles have you covered I was quoted £290 for front discs and pads from a local performance workshop my IS 250 SEL has just over 30K. Have you yours changed yet and if so what make of disc and pads did the delaer use?

Hi - Just saw it tick over the 70k on the way to the dealership :)

Picking the car up from Lexus Oxford dealer today...so will check/ask then and update here (and write a dealer review).

Sid

• 2 weeks later...
I just had my front and rear discs upgraded and also my front and back pads upgraded it cost me £340 for the bits and the labour was for free :) its nice to know mechanics

I've just had my front and rear discs replaced at 50k service at Lexus Edinburgh - cost about £420 including labour. The discs were actually quite good for a main dealer - £50 odd for the back (per disc) and about £60 for the fronts (per disc).

Brian.

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Sid

Have a look on eBay for dome Mintex discs /pads...or go to Allparts as they do ADL Blueprint discs and pads for an IS200/300...and im guessing they should do them for an IS250....they are very good quality and dont cost as much as OEM but are just as good.

You could fit them yourself ( theres a tutorial in the archieves section or do a search on here )or get a local mechanic if you know one to fit them..

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links