Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeaky Mintex Brakes Anyone?

Not got mintex pads, but have been thinking about buying them as a replacement.

I do remember someone else had similar noise with their pads. Maybe they need bedding in a bit?

BTW - do the mintex pads have the small hole drilled in the sides where the pad "spring" thingy slots into?

Mine do it every now and then but not badly, the dust off them's a total pain in the a :tsktsk: se tho :angry:

Are you saying the Mintex pads produce a lot of dust? Like the OEM pads? I got the OEM pads and they produce a LOT of brake dust.

I thought most people say that the Mintex pads reduce brake- hardly no brake dust with Mintex?

Ive got some mintex pads fitted to mine.....and yes they do tend to squel a bit not after hard braking but just feathering the pedal as you come up to a junction etc....AND YES the blooming brake dust is IMHO worse than OEM pads....after a couple of days the alloys are covered... :tsktsk:

Mine are OK on my GS300. Though I have heard a slight squeal on rare occasions but I definitely hear them grip at slow speed, this is more of a shuddery sound (sound not feel) though. The wheels are dusted after 3 days driving. My previously bought pads had the wheels dusted the same day.

These are most definitely stronger than my previous set. I have no complaints about bite.

u want some blue print discs and pads...had them in my is300 just under 2 yrs and virtually no dust what so ever..and a set of pads/discs last ages...i replaced my discs and pads for blue print around 2 yrs ago and still using the same set(and i dont drive slow either + being a auto allways using the brakes)

yeah my mintex squeal a little when feathering. Didn't used ot do it when i had oem discs with mintex pads - only seems to do it with the mintex disc pad combo. And yeah the dust is slightly better than oem but not much.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if the pads are squealing it's not because whoever changed the pads threw away the anti-squeal shims is it ?

No not in my case anyway. How many anti-squeal shims should you have on each side I have 2 on each is that correct?