Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone,

I currently drive a year 2000 GS300. I love the IS-f and am thinking of getting one in a few months time but the one thing I don't like is the stacked exhausts. I know, I know, heresy but I would much prefer conventional quads a la M3 or C63 AMG. In the UK there are a wealth of tuning companies who do this sort of thing for BMWs or Mercs (Birds, Hartge, etc) but I don't know about Lexus. Shame as everything else is great with the Lexus.

Anybody know a company that can help?

Cheers!

I know it makes the car very individual (only the Ferrari California has the same look) but I just can't get on with it. I've tried!!! To be honest I'm not really bothered about standing out, I prefer the whole Q-car thing. I love the looks of the standard IS, best-looking junior exec by miles methinks. The styling of the ISF is perfect for L.A or New York but a bit too "rude boy" for Leicester I'm afraid. Sorry I have my flame-suit on already! :unsure:

I was just hoping that some tuning company offers an alternative for those exhausts.

I would imagine it wouldn't be difficult at all to change those exhausts, the harder part would probably be the modifications required for the rear bumper to make it all fit nicely :)

I would imagine it wouldn't be difficult at all to change those exhausts, the harder part would probably be the modifications required for the rear bumper to make it all fit nicely :)

I was actually thinking about a new rear bumper altogether!

Might be worth looking on the US sites (like my.is) as we don't have many IS-Fs on here as to whether there are any aftermarket exhausts available for the IS-F as a straight bolt on or would you need a custom job.

Must admit, I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't anyone who can help from the UK. I would be very reluctant to order parts from the US, especially as I wouldn't be able to fit anything myself! Does kinda put me off getting an ISF...

Must admit, I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't anyone who can help from the UK. I would be very reluctant to order parts from the US, especially as I wouldn't be able to fit anything myself! Does kinda put me off getting an ISF...

There are definitely people that can help, just not sure whether it's been done before. There's quite a few custom exhaust jobs on here on IS200s and the like, so I'd imagine that those who have done those would also be able to do it on an IS-F.

With only 150 IS-Fs in this country, it's unlikely there are going to be that many modified ones at this point in time :)

The pipes don't appeal to everyone, and in trying to liven up the very dull-looking IS250; Lexus may have gone a bit far. The stacked exhaust are executed reasonably tastefully. To change them would be quite involved and expensive. It would require replacement/modification of the two rear silencers which each have two pipes sticking out of them in a stacked configuration plus a new modified bumper with two enormous holes. The chances are that any kits from the USA are intended to make the car more bling - not less. But why bother - your normal view is the side view and the back end is not something you look at often. When you are close enough to open the boot, you can't see the exhausts anyway. In "conservative" Leicester I doubt if anything short of day-glo orange flake paint with chrome wheels and 8 six-foot vertical exhausts would raise an eyebrow :lol:

What do the standard backboxes look like? In my mind they must be along the lines of a normal exhaust that has been turned 45 degrees to make the pipes stacked?

What do the standard backboxes look like? In my mind they must be along the lines of a normal exhaust that has been turned 45 degrees to make the pipes stacked?

They are oval so you can't rotate them round to make the outlets horizontal.

Even aftermarket tuners like Ventross and Wald have kept with the standard exhaust layout.

Wald

lexus-is-f-wald-international-2.jpg

Ventross

lexus-is-f-by-ventross-5.jpg

Ask around at a few bodyshops, take some pics in and ask how much to fill the holes and respray the bumper.

Then just get a custom exhaust made up, probably be between £500-£1000, chicken feed when compared to the £50k price tag.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links