Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Light

as said dont drive i have seen many a engine fail due to faults like this and the owner saying it only happens when............it might be somthing as simple as a loose wire but then again it might be as bad as a oil pump or worse!!!!

was lookin to see if this happened any else sparky. want to leave the car right with whatever i need to do. just wondered did anyone have any helpfull opinions. obviously this is not a common thing because no one else seems til have had this problem

i have noticed that the engine is running hot very recently also but just when idling, cools down when driving again. think ther may be a problem with the fan also but the oil i used was good Castrol stuff. and wasnt too cheap! could the rise in engine temperature be causing the oil pressure to drop or rise too much?

i have noticed that the engine is running hot very recently also but just when idling, cools down when driving again. think ther may be a problem with the fan also but the oil i used was good castrol stuff. and wasnt too cheap! could the rise in engine temperature be causing the oil pressure to drop or rise too much?

If your engine is running hot then this can cause your oil to be thinner and thus your oil pressure can be lower causing the oil pressure light to flicker on at tick over... either way you need to get this oil pressure issue sorted