Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought An Altezza

m_0_m_0

hi all,

ive just bought myself a altezza rs200, its a manual and am in need of some advice. where can i get hold of service parts and also any info on changing the timing belt. its done 68000 miles and has no history, is there any way of checking if the timing belt needs replacing if it hasnt already been done? what other parts needs to be replaced as ive read on some forums that the pulleys need replacing and water pump too, is this correct??

any help would be most welcome

thanks in advance

mo

Hi Mo

service parts you can get from your toyota dealer. in the past I've found some dealers more helpful then others so don't be put off

my local one is crap they just look at me fun when I tell them what I've got then they tell me I need to go to lexus not so. I use Westover toyota in bournemouth if all else fails

yeah most people will change all of the tensioners when doing timeing belt changes. better to be safe then sorry. as for your water pump I would of thought that it would be ok but maybe something to think about in future changes.

www.tezzaworld.com is a mainly RS200 based forum so theres loads of knowledge and info on there about your tezza

also another site you may find handy for finding out part numbers is www.toyodiy.com

Hi Mo

service parts you can get from your toyota dealer. in the past I've found some dealers more helpful then others so don't be put off

my local one is crap they just look at me fun when I tell them what I've got then they tell me I need to go to lexus not so. I use Westover toyota in bournemouth if all else fails

yeah most people will change all of the tensioners when doing timeing belt changes. better to be safe then sorry. as for your water pump I would of thought that it would be ok but maybe something to think about in future changes.

www.tezzaworld.com is a mainly RS200 based forum so theres loads of knowledge and info on there about your tezza

also another site you may find handy for finding out part numbers is www.toyodiy.com

hi rob,

thanks for the reply, i shall look into that and let you know how i get along with my toyota dealers when i mention the rs200. i think i will get my local garage to check the timing belt and see what they recommend, or just replace it and be future safe for the next 60000 miles

thanks for the links much appreciated

• 2 months later...

i just did the 100k (kilometer) scheduled maintenance.

i did the timing belt, pulleys, water pump, flushed the radiator, oil and filter, spark plugs, rotated tires.

the water pump was difficult, being as i had never done this particular engine before.

quite a bit of stuff has to be removed/loosened to get that water pump out.

be forewarned. IT WILL NOT WIGGLE/FINAGLE OUT!

i spent a good hour trying to get it out before i admitted defeat and started pulling stuff off and disconnecting crap.

i ended up removing the power steering pump and bracket and another bracket that had the coolant coming from the radiator.

i removed the radiator during the task to get the air at the crank bolt.

i think i spilled some antifreeze on my intake because my MAF went out (it was good before i started) but once i replaced it all was good.

i just got back from a 1600 kilometer round trip, and everything seems to be in working order so far.

i did however get the err3 (only after i read about it on this site though), will keep you posted on how i fix that.

personally would advise to get a manual to follow for the timing belt, it helps sometimes.

the manual had a step to remove the bottom cover (under the engine bay) which i am glad i did...

here in japan, the guys at the dealership looked at me like i was retarded when i ordered the water pump.

they looked at me even stranger when i brought the old one back thinking i would get a core fee or something (no such luck).

and i thumbed through their tech manual (in japanese) and it does not recommend (as far as i can tell) replacing water pump.

did it anyway, because it is common practice where i am from, and how i was "taught" to do timing belts.

the lexus dealership (in arizona) that did the body work on my mr2 turbo recommended water pump along with timing belt.

the mr2 turbo has a 3s-gte, if i remember correctly it is dry sump? or is that the 4age in the old mkI mr2 (i had a few of each)?

so, i am not sure if water pump is just a gimmick or what? but i did replace it, and most of the mechanics i know agreed...

hope this novella helps, and is not too much of me blabbering on and on...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links