Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Painted My Dashboard !

My dashboard had many scratches. So i decided to paint all the hard plastic parts.

First i had to take the whole thing out of the car.

Here are a few pics of the car with the dashboard removed:

ksilomeno2-6.jpg

ksilomeno1-5.jpg

Next was the really tough part. I had to rough up all the area that was to be painted.

There is a layer, something like a thin rubber that had to be removed and it was not easy at all.

After that, taped the non paint areas:

xartomeno-9.jpg

and sprayed with 6-7 layers of black paint.

I used a spray that ment to be used on bumpers (it was recommended to me by the paint-store).

The result was a mat black color a tone or two more dark that original which i liked a lot:

katovameno-3.jpg

Putting back the dashboard in the car (i used masking tape to make sure that i will not make any new scratches...)

topo8etisi-8.jpg

Finally after two and a half days, everything was back in place!

teleiomeno-7.jpg

One thing that maybe is usefull to note, is that i had a very annoying crackle every time the body of the car had some stress.

For the past few months that was almost on every little bump on the road...

I tryied to locate it many times but with no luck.

The problem was in the indicated area below:

forcrop-2.jpg

Thanks for reading.

I am now a happy owner of a scratch and crackle free IS200!! (well.. almost free :whistling: )

Forgive my bad english.

and what was wrong with the area that was making a noise??

There was noise produced by some friction between the metal plate shown in picture and the car body when there was some torsion stress.

At the begging it was occasional, but it soon it got very often, loud and annoying.

Solution was to tighten more the bolts and also put some grease between just in case…

I think that I got rid of this problem, at least for some years…

• 5 years later...

hi sorry to bump an old topic but did you ever hear the cracking noise again?

I have the exact same cracking noise in my LHD is200. it looks like the exact spot where the cracking noise is coming from. Did you just tighten the bolts in the corner above the amplifier?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links