Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After A Is200

Hi all,

I am currently looking for an IS200. I have a few questions.

1 ) Is there a place to go to find modified IS200's? I have around £5000 to spend, and I wouldnt mind getting one thats already been tuned up. I dont want a chav'd up one, I would prefer it to look standard but have the turbo fitted. 200bhp on one of these would be just about right I imagine.

2 ) Where's the best place to look for the 18's that some of them have on them. There is the 6 spoke 18's and the grey multi spoke ones. I imagine they are from the IS300's?

3 ) What should I expect to get for £4000 - £5000? I imagine i's get something from 99-02 with about 40-70k on the clock.

4 )What should I look out for on these? Are they generall reliable cars, or do they have some known things to look out for.

I am definately getting one of these. I drove one on Wednesday and loved it, so now its just a matter of finding one.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Glassy

Hi all,

I am currently looking for an IS200. I have a few questions.

1 ) Is there a place to go to find modified IS200's? I have around £5000 to spend, and I wouldnt mind getting one thats already been tuned up. I dont want a chav'd up one, I would prefer it to look standard but have the turbo fitted. 200bhp on one of these would be just about right I imagine.

You may struggle to find one thats turbo'd, i think theres only something like 6 in the country. your best looking for one with the tte charger kit. 200bhp as you requested ;)

2 ) Where's the best place to look for the 18's that some of them have on them. There is the 6 spoke 18's and the grey multi spoke ones. I imagine they are from the IS300's?

The grey multispokes are 17's i think. The 18's were optional sport wheels. they come upon ebay from time to time.

3 ) What should I expect to get for £4000 - £5000? I imagine i's get something from 99-02 with about 40-70k on the clock.

Your prob looking about the right dates, but prob with more mileage. though thats not an issue at all with these engines.

4 )What should I look out for on these? Are they generall reliable cars, or do they have some known things to look out for.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...p;id=41&c=5 this should help

I am definately getting one of these. I drove one on Wednesday and loved it, so now its just a matter of finding one.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Glassy

Brilliant, thanks for that.

I've been on eBay and on autotrader and there doesnt appear to be any tuned up ones. Is there a forum or a site that tend to have the tuned ones for sale?

Also, how much does the tte charger kit cost? What is it, a supercharger or something?

Yep the TTE kit is basically a modified Supercharger from the Merc 230 Kompressor with bespoke pipework and airbox. The kit will set you back about £2k and give you about 205bhp on a standard IS200. You might be best looking for a nice modified IS200 on Pistonheads or on the for sale section here.

Tuned IS200s are a bit of a rarity, so you'll have to be patient if you definitely want one that has a charger or turbo. The TTE supercharger kit isn't really available anymore, so you'll need to find a used one or pay an extortionate price to get one from TTE (think it's around £4.5k)

Possibly also worth looking at the Altezza RS200, comes with 200bhp as standard, it's a little less refined than the Lexus version, but may be easier to get hold of.

Yep the TTE kit is basically a modified Supercharger from the Merc 230 Kompressor with bespoke pipework and airbox. The kit will set you back about £2k and give you about 205bhp on a standard IS200. You might be best looking for a nice modified IS200 on Pistonheads or on the for sale section here.

sorry to go off topic but if you got a supercharger from a 230 kompresser what would be needed to fit it to an is200?

sorry to go off topic but if you got a supercharger from a 230 kompresser what would be needed to fit it to an is200?

All the custom pipework (prolex were selling this) including the compressor bypass assembly and throttle cable, supercharger bracket, some kind of induction kit or the TTE airbox, intercooler, pulley + belt and HKS FCD.

You would also have the drill and lock down the supercharger clutch assembly. It would work out very close to £2k.

Ed

All the custom pipework (prolex were selling this) including the compressor bypass assembly and throttle cable, supercharger bracket, some kind of induction kit or the TTE airbox, intercooler, pulley + belt and HKS FCD.

You would also have the drill and lock down the supercharger clutch assembly. It would work out very close to £2k.

Ed

might be a way to go to get a supercharger, there is a supercharger on eBay from a kompresser at the moment for $300

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-C-...sQ5fAccessories

and the HKS FCD on prolex for £100

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/product_inf...9f46fd7d8119b9a

I wouldn't just buy a compressor and try and get hold of the other bits, things like the cradle and so forth will be tricky to make up. Your best bet IMHO is being patient and keeping your eye out for someone selling a whole kit, they come up from time to time.

As for the wheels, check eBay, you'll often find IS200s being broken on there, and they may well have the wheels that you're after.

I know of a supercharged IS200 going for £5500, if you interested give me a shout and i'll send you the details.

Dude, Lee, hows it going?

Back to topic, What sorta budget you got fella? Edit: Just read other post!

What colour you after? Milage etc?