Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Led's

Hi guys,

I had the blue leds but after a while I found them a bit boring and outdated. I bought the red ones, and they look ok. Now after just few days I think I should've gone white. As the speedo needle is red as well, I think red is a bit too much...Has anyone got the white leds on their dash? I want the modern look like nowadays cars (they do have different colours I know but some of them look quite outdated).

So which one should I go? Red or white ? Red looks ok ...but white could look better ...I don't know ..I am confused :blush::blink:

Thanks

ive got white but mine looks noting as bright as that one whos dash is that and what leds are thay using ive got the inverted ones

Stole that pic from the thread of someone who was a member on here a while back, he used the same LED kit that Fargo put together and was selling through Pro-lex. Wouldn't be too sure about the brightness though, that photo clearly has quite a high exposure from the brightness of the warning lights so I'm not sure how bright they are in reality. To get a truly bright conversion, you need to do the other LED conversion that some on here have done........requires a bit of soldering though.

@Hawk77: Haven't actually seen the IS dash in red, any chance of some pics once you've done the switch?

How much are dash LED's - and are they easy to fit?

Yes mate the dash led's are pretty easy to fit, and if you want to do them you'll need 3x T10 led's and 2X T5 leds to do it?

The clocks come out pretty easy and all you do is swap the original bulbs with the led's of your choice, most use the T10 and T5 inverted LED type as they give a good spread of light :D

3306600842_1951364a24_o.jpg

The first ones from the pic are the plasma ones ...they look quite sexy to be honest. I will take some pics tonight when i get back from work. The inverte ones zare nothing like the smd . I had the inverted ones as well and they look *******. The smd make alot of a difference. Brighter and even light distribution. I would def recommend it. try it!!!

As for fitting, easy as. I mean really easy.

I think I will get the white ones if not the plasma's.

The inverte ones zare nothing like the smd . I had the inverted ones as well and they look *******. The smd make alot of a difference. Brighter and even light distribution. I would def recommend it. try it!!!

Are you saying the smd ones are better than the inverted ones? Do they fit in there? Can you link to an example on eBay of the type of bulb you're talking about?

thats what i was thinking other wise i would of got the ones that look like this led to be honest the hight dont look that much taller

That's a good point actually, I replaced my sidelight bulbs with ones like that one in that link and they were no bigger than the standard bulbs I replaced.......so if there are 501s behind the clocks anyway, these shouldn't create a problem.

I don't have any experience of trying dash LEDs and I don't know which ones hawk77 was specifically referring to. But SMD is just a type of technology, they're those small flat LEDs rather than bulb-shaped one. So they can be mounted on a circuit board in any configuration, e.g. tower-like as in the eBay link, but also totally flat too (e.g. the ones typically used for dome light/map light etc).

Think i'm the only one on here that has the plasma one's and have to say they are awesome in the flesh :)

If I didn't have these i'd go for white. Downside is you'll then be looking at changing aircon and radio leds too, which is a lot harder than the dash :)

Think i'm the only one on here that has the plasma one's and have to say they are awesome in the flesh :)

If I didn't have these i'd go for white. Downside is you'll then be looking at changing aircon and radio leds too, which is a lot harder than the dash :)

Hi mate, where did you get the plasma ones ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links