Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After several months of hmm and harrr, I've this afternoon gone with my initial instincs and traded my 56 IS250 SEL Auto with MM for an

09 GS450h Sport in Obsidian Black. The IS has 47k on the clock so it was a good time to change.

I managed to get the Sport for 18k to upgrade which i think is a pretty good deal.

After looking on Lexus web site and lots of trawling, I still can't find a comparison chart between the SEL and Sport.

I know I asked this on here some time ago but i cant find the post now, I've recently read a post or two that suggest

things i thought we'rnt of the sport are, like the range keeping cruise control.

Does anyone have a full spec list?

Someone posted these a while back.

Negatives

No ventilated seats

No wood and leather steering wheel

Optional ACC/PCS not available

Optional sunroof not available

Positives:

Run flat tyres

Active stabiliser

Bodykit

Also available with obsidian black paint (metallic black, only available on the GS450h Sport and the LS I believe)

But. My old man has a Sport 450H, and his has wood around the door & central console, but non on the steering wheel

Think it might have been me that posted that list, and I think it's still correct :)

Thanks everyone.

Out of that lot i'll only miss the ventilated seats in the hotest summer days, read a post earlier on which suggested the sport has ACC/PCS but can't fin any other references

to it so its probably wrong. Great no sun roof, I'm 6'5" so no sunroof is a plus for me, no wood on me wheel, not bothered.

Run flats.. hmm can you change them for standard tyres and a can of foam or does it mess with the tyre pressure sensors?

All the rest is good news.

Picking the car up on Friday morning down in Bradford.

No it definitely doesn't have ACC/PCS nor can it be specified, it's only an option on the SE-L (no longer standard on that either).

Is the ride a lot harder on the runflats? If not I'd personally keep them on as I'm sure they've been through some testing procedure to match them up with the suspension and the active stabiliser system, as well as the fact that they are a lifesaver should anything go wrong :)

Btw, what was the 450h up for? £18k cost to change does look like a pretty good deal there.......

No it definitely doesn't have ACC/PCS nor can it be specified, it's only an option on the SE-L (no longer standard on that either).

Is the ride a lot harder on the runflats? If not I'd personally keep them on as I'm sure they've been through some testing procedure to match them up with the suspension and the active stabiliser system, as well as the fact that they are a lifesaver should anything go wrong :)

Btw, what was the 450h up for? £18k cost to change does look like a pretty good deal there.......

Lexus Bradford had it up for £34595, i think i did pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd be very interested to here your coments on the difference in tyre noise between the two cars.

The 450 is much quieter than the 250 even with the run flat tyres on.

The car is obviously far better sound proofed the the IS and as such

you cant hear the engine fire up, at low speeds you get a little kick and a slight

shudder through the seat.

Is the GS450H new then?

My old man paid £36k i think for an 09 Sport GS450H. He nearly went to bradford, but didnt ring back and kept pushing him into a sale.

He we to Carilse in the end for his.

The 450h sport was the dealer principals car registered in April 09 3 months old with 4200k on the clock

Paid 18k to change from my 2006 (56) IS 250SE-L Auto MM with 48k on the clock which i think was a

cracking deal. The car was originaly priced at 34.6k.

Probably the best deal i could get. In comparison Audi offerd me 10.5k for the IS in

px for a new S5 Quattro 3 months ago. I laughed at them and left.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links