Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

140mm And 150mm Supercharger Pulley Upgrade

I was surfing the EU LOC and quite a few members, who have TTE supercharges, have swapt their pulley with a larger one (140 mm and 150mm). They have raised the boost pressure between 0.45 and 0.5 bar. They also state that they did not have any problems none of them! Is this possible? I thought that IS200 cannot handle more boost than 0.4bar, as it has been stated in many posts. I asked the members how is it possible to have a reliable engine and they answered that with a proper engine management and without reving the engine at high rpm all the time no problem should exist.

No mate, Tdi was not involved as they told me. (I asked the same question). Tdi sold only 160mm diameter and increased the pressure to around 0.7bar, as they told me. I do not know it they are correct. and yes all of them have an engine management APexi AFC or Haltec.

Don't think it's the total boost as such that the IS200 can or cannot handle, more the overall bhp. Although that's an area that still doesn't seem to be understood, i.e. exactly what the limiting factors are. People seem to have been able to run up to 250bhp on standard internals, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to put slightly more boost through it and still be ok (though Rob's point is a valid one of course and I'm not talking about limits on the charger/pulley/etc).

So I suppose nobody knows what are the limits of the supercharger regarding boost, and rpm. The german guy also noted that if a larger pulley is fitted the Battery must definetely be changed, due to overheating that might melt the oem Battery. But he did not propose what type of Battery should be fitted. With the internals he insists that he did not have any problems and have done thousands of km with both type of pulleys.

No mate, Tdi was not involved as they told me. (I asked the same question). Tdi sold only 160mm diameter and increased the pressure to around 0.7bar, as they told me. I do not know it they are correct. and yes all of them have an engine management APexi AFC or Haltec.

As per the norm Tdi are not correct, you can not get 0.7bar with a 160mm :whistling: i know, ive had a go :winky:

Right that is what he wrote in the forum, i am not sure if i should post it here. if not i apologise.

"English version:

as Moerserlex said, you will definitely need bigger injectors, larger intercooler and sth like a Apexi AFC to control them. The stock supercharger kit is already maxing out the stock injectors.

For more than the 140mm pulley I would recommen a Map ECU2 to takr control over the sparks.

Heat managment is a big issue. The heat produced by the M62 driven with a 160mm pulley will cook your Battery

I'm glad my engine is still working cuz I think I have - for a bunch of kilometers - crossed the boarder whats healthy for everything in the engine compartment"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links