Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i'm thinking about selling my 400 as i dont use it enough and we need to pull the belts in a notch!

the problem is, is it worth selling? its a 97 with 121k miles with ok history. its inn good nick with no faults apart from my heated seat doesnt work.

but is it worth selling? i'd like at least £1800 for it. but in todays market i dont think it would sell for much over £1k? and i dont think i could let it go for that kind of money!!

the mot(will fly through) and insurance are due and i'm thining about moving it on or just parking it on the drive, but again thats a waste!

what do you all think is a REALISTIC price?

P1020939.jpg

P1020940.jpg

P1020945.jpg

i've still got the original wheels and lights to go with it.

Give it a try on gumtree its free so you have nothing to loose,It looks really well so you should get at least £1500 for it

so much car for the money, if you spent £800 on a cheap gas conversion you would probably get £2800 to £3000 for it.

Hi Mat - if you NEED the money from selling the car or if you can't afford to keep it, you'll have to sell no matter what. If you keep your LS thinking that it might be worth another 500 quid but find nobody to offer that much you'll just face the other side of the same problem.

It's a pity to sell a car due to a squeeze. You just can't make it right. And I bet your qualms are not about the 500 quid, but about even having to sell.

Here in Germany the car would get you around 4000 € - if it were an LHD.

Life is about letting go, and lucky is the man who can.

Good luck Mat!

if this helps i have just bought a m reg lpg ls 400 for £1300 she is in need of some love and this is why the price was low also seen a 97 model for £2000 again lpg and was mint, hope that give you some ideas.

i dont need to sell the car, things aren't that tight. i'll probably get a bike instead as its cheaper to keep and run. i only do about 3000miles a year and thats just to and from work and the odd trip to the shops, and thats just because its there! as a family we use the RX.

its a big car and takes up a lot of space too! these modern housing estates weren't dsigned for big car familys!

i dont want or need to sell it. i just dont need to keep it, if you know what i mean? but i'd rather keep it than let it go for peanuts.

i think put it on eBay with 1500.00 reserve, that way you don't let it go for nothing, would also put standard lights and wheels back on car and sell your mods separate on eBay ie for wheels should get 150-200 and lights 100ish, so clear 1750+ also forget lpg, spending money like that never works the extra you get on the car will not pay for the mod in the first place, you benefit by doing it on a car and keeping for a few years then sell. if lpg was that good or desired the buyer could easily sort it themselves, it's not like doing a house up to sell for profit.

i dont want or need to sell it. i just dont need to keep it, if you know what i mean?

Yes, I get the picture. I am very much in the same position. I've decided to keep my LS - and thus get myself a nice pastime. And a useful one at times. Not all hobbies fulfill that claim.

There are bikes that easily cost what your Lex might get you. :whistling:

Hi mat,

looks a nicer motor than mine mate, mine is looking quite old now, its done 230k (shows 208 'cos i had a funny dash for ages) - still with original wheels, not had chance to spend in cosmetics as i had to replace upper control arms (1 lower and 2 rear uppers to go), flashing dash, and most of the usual faults etc, and the shocks look a bit tatty too, so i was over cautious in making it look as mint as yours as i knew i was already spending big on a car worth nothing, and i bet after making it look nice it would get its 1st engine troubles (none yet in my 5 yrs owned) and then it would be a gonna anyway.....I cant afford to pay Lexus for their labour costs on major engine repairs, its only still on the road now b'cos i do stuff myself

How long have you had the car and what work have you had done (or done yourself)

About the RX - my mums got one and is in the middle of ordering a 4th key for the car!!

Its the 1st one she's broke, but all the original keys are in bits - all broke at the same point - £170 - £230 weird how different Lexus stealer's can charge different amounts isn't it? (I'm sure all we need is a new cut key and empty fob to swap the insides over)

Take care with your key mate

Good luck with the LS - if you keep it for a while i might be interested in buying yours - depends on what mine needs really.

Its weird - i just don't seem to want to downgrade from a Lexus. I just cant imagine driving a 1.6 manual tinpot noisy bag of nails ever again - set my standards too high too early i think

I'd keep it mate - it looks good and unless you're getting another Lexus......

Nice looking car.

If you have somewhere to keep it then park it up and forget about it for a few years. When you go back to it, it will still start on the button.

I parked a Stag 21 years ago. It won't start like a lex would but then its a different kettle of porridge.

Looking at layin our MX5 up when the missus gets her Copen. Couln't bare to be without the funky ickle roadster.

Its weird - i just don't seem to want to downgrade from a Lexus. I just cant imagine driving a 1.6 manual tinpot noisy bag of nails ever again...

Altogether now:

"Hear, hear !"

just flew through the mot today.

a few queations answered.

i dont really have anywhere to keep it sorned, its a bloody big car!

i've had it about 5 years now(done 17000miles in it! another reason to let her go,or then again a nother reason to keep her! lol).

all i've done is put mazda rx wheels on, chrome grill kit, white lights instead of yellow,wind dflectors and tinted the windows. not a lot really(still got all the original parts). and i do service it myself.

here she is as was....or could still be easy enough.

100_0128.jpg

Id keep it. My thinking is if you wanted another how long would you have to search for a similarly loved car and in exceptional condition.

The only way is sell is if i had a plan to upgrade to a newer model in the next 6mths or so .Couldnt be without a LS for longer than that lol.

Steve.

Just read your 1st post again . I paid £1500 for mine almost 2 years ago and with the recession im hinking its now worth abot £1000- £1100 in average condtion. There is now way you could let your car go for that so im thinking your £1800 is about right ,anyone coming to look at it would have a hard job knocking the price down considering the condition. Id put the word out and bide my time, someone on here would know someone who would appriciate it im sure.

steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links