Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex-uk Track/sprint/hill Climb Car

Dave-Ellen

Bought a Toyota Soaer 2.5TT for use as a dedicated sprint/track day/hill climb car

its a 1992 car in pearl white with a pooh brown interior

done 70k miles with full history......

aim is to fit coilovers/exhaust/race seats and remove entire interior

will run engine as is until it goes pop then start to play

bits removed todate weigh 70kgs with seats/carpets to come

feels quite a bit quicker already........will be fitting 3g brakes and keeping side mount intercooler as I have some cunning plans for it...........

As it arrived

soarer11.jpg

rear

p1010005c.jpg

boot

p1010009p.jpg

side view a bit lighter

p1010011y.jpg

tems suspension (to be sold)

p1010015eso.jpg

rear interior

p1010013y.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an auto had my eye on a manual but it was £1000 more and in japan............

toolkit etc is as new.....got the full jap service history as well........

@ Tony coilovers en route so prepare for a visit !

interiors is a horrible chocolate brown though :crybaby:

hoping to get 2 corbeau clubman seats tomorrow with harnesses (second hand) they are black and barely used......

need to make up some subframes though which may be a challenge to my limited skills

Couldnt you get a set of the universal seat frames Dave? like THESE? save a bit of work and not too pricey? :)

Aye............looking to DIY it.

Idea is to do 80% of the work myself.

Bought a 2nd hand Kakimoto exhaust for the car............single exit so more weight saving

3G RS10 rotors & Yellowstuff pads en route

Oil cooler here

just finished stripping the rear of the car.

Next is to remove existing seats to remove carpets...........

quite enjoying it TBH

Couldnt you get a set of the universal seat frames Dave? like THESE? save a bit of work and not too pricey? :)

Bought a 2nd hand Kakimoto exhaust for the car............single exit so more weight saving

Oil cooler here

quite enjoying it TBH

But its Auto .................... :whistling:

Oil cooler here

quite enjoying it TBH

Your point is ?

auto box is good for 400 bhp with car weighing 1300 ish kg twill be OK just means I have to hang onto the steering wheel

being a 1992 auto box there is none of the changing up/down willy nilly you get with modern auto boxes will lock in whatever gear you want .

trick is start in drive then shift into 2nd immediately you set off car will then stay in second which is good for over 80 in this car (revs to 7k) plenty enough for the sprints

Oil cooler here

quite enjoying it TBH

Your point is ?

auto box is good for 400 bhp with car weighing 1300 ish kg twill be OK just means I have to hang onto the steering wheel

being a 1992 auto box there is none of the changing up/down willy nilly you get with modern auto boxes will lock in whatever gear you want .

trick is start in drive then shift into 2nd immediately you set off car will then stay in second which is good for over 80 in this car (revs to 7k) plenty enough for the sprints

Did not work with your aristo (your words not mine) did not work with the is350

All the best with making it work with this one :blink:

Oil cooler here

quite enjoying it TBH

Your point is ?

main reason was what those cars owed me...........risto over 14k IS350 £28k................concentrates the mind somewhat...also when they are daily drivers..........

This is a toy so if it goes belly up its minimal losses

also as I say above auto box being older means it doesnt take over............no VSC either

I also bought bigger balls on eBay

Oil cooler here

quite enjoying it TBH

Your point is ?

main reason was what those cars owed me...........risto over 14k IS350 £28k................concentrates the mind somewhat...also when they are daily drivers..........

also as I say above auto box being older means it doesnt take over............no VSC either

You should have got the brain to go with the bigger balls :whistling:

Well you took big hit with aristo Dave and if you ever sell the is350, it will be the same :whistling:

I also bought bigger balls on ebay

Link?? :whistling::lol:

So does this basically have alot of the running gear from the MKIV Supra? Are parts interchangable? I'm sure its easier to find uprated suspension for a Supra then a Soarer, so being compatible will no doubt help!

Good Luck :D

Oil cooler here

quite enjoying it TBH

Your point is ?

You should have got the brain to go with the bigger balls :whistling:

Well you took big hit with aristo Dave and if you ever sell the is350, it will be the same :whistling:

Bit personal Mr H.

Nothing wrong with my brain.

Function of Prolex is to fund my cars..............

all legitimate tax write offs :whistling:

@ Annes the JZZ30 pre dates the JZA80 so some interchangeability

Can get alot of stuff from the state though

Car looks good Dave, should be a bit of a beast when done. :D

Im also looking at competing in alot of hill climbs/ sprints when my little beast is done. Would be nice to see you again. Hopefully we might be at a couple of same events??? although mine will be in a different class im sure, although im still uncertain waht class??? :shutit:

Done a bit more...

Induction kits dont work that well on soarers

best route is the BFI (big frigging intake)

Thats what I did today

p1010022z.jpg

p1010023pwh.jpg

p1010027o.jpg

I plan to remove the main beam light and duct cold air from there direct into one of the holes....will also make up a carbon fibre cover so all the cold air is captured...

All carpet is now out :whistling: