Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Club Member

Doug 65

Hi every one, Just found the Lexus Owners club while trawling the internet looking for info on the latest IS model. I brought my first Lexus 18 months ago (ex demo) IS SE-L with all the trimmings and have enjoyed every minute I’m in or even around it. Never had any problems, the premium sound system if fantastic and you can drive for miles without any discomfort / aches & pains. It’s now coming up for its two-year service (only done 17500 miles) and when I checked the oil etc. this morning it still looked clean and full.

Having enjoyed my Lexus, so much I went to Lexus (Twickenham) yesterday and looked over the latest IS SE-L. I was not really intending to trade in just yet but was offered a really good deal, going to make a decision in next view days whether to buy or not. (Think I know what the answer will be.)

Doug

Hi all, Thanks for your welcome messages. Just thought I would let you all know that I went ahead today and ordered my new IS SE-L with ML sound system and ACC / PCS system in black. Just have to wait until October for delivery.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, Just thought I would give you an update. As I said before I ordered my new IS 250 SE-L with full Multimedia Pack and ACC/PSS early July and was told delivery would be Oct.

But have now been told I will have to wait a bit longer to some time in Nov. Bit of a pain but it will be worth it.

One problem I have encountered and could not understand and Lexus have not been able to explain or give any real reason is that because I have ordered the ACC / PSS option I must also add the option for the sunroof, which is a further £785.

I found this very strange as the two items are not related to each other and there is no mention in the brochure, price list or on Lexus web site that you have to have a sunroof with ACC / PSS.

I wonder if any one else has come up with this sort of problem or can explain why the two are linked.

All the best

Doug