Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Your Range On A Full Tank On A 2.5se?

hi

on my 250 auto i get about 350 round town and about 480 to 500 open road, and about 400 if i have a mixed month lol i've quoted the best figures i've achieved over the last two months ownership, but i have to say it really does vary from tank to tank, sometimes i don't even manage 300 off a tank, but that's usually when i've been bored and have been 'enthusiastic' with the acceleration ;)

Interesting figures! I seem to get 330 - 350 abs max! Could there be something wrong? This is from filling up the tank up fully before I have even set off anywhere.

I've reset the ODO so I can see what I actually do get out of it at the end to see if there was any major fluctuation but at the moment it's looking like I'm on track for 300 miles. Mainly town driving, seem to get around 24/25mpg max.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, H

Don't forget, that this is the cars estimate based on your previous type of driving. In my RX if I was doing plenty of long runs, the car would read 350M - same fill up but this time town driving only it would show 300M.

These figures are a rough guess from the car based on previous usage.

If the 24/25MPG you are quoting is calculated brim-to-brim for town only driving, then I would suggest that is about right.

Ahh this might make sense now, if it's based on your previous driving style. I had presumed it just calculated a fixed amount each time ie a full tank will always give me 400 to start off with and then adjust accordingly as it get's used in accordance with driving style.

You see when I got the car it was 1 owner etc which I'm assuming drove fairly 'normally' shall we say hence the first time I filled it up I got nearly 400 miles on the range. Since I've had the car this has now gone down to the 340 mark which would probably be due to my 'heavy foot'.

But yep 25mpg is what I get around town and about 30mpg on the motorway - I thought it had to be something odd as these do seem like more than reasonable figures!

Thanks for your help all.

Cheers. H

can i just check, when you say you get upto 400 miles from a tank, do you mean that this is the figure that is showing on the estimated tank miles. i think ive got a very heavy right foot, at the mo my average mpg is 20.8. max mpg ive seen is 32 even then after filling to the brim i only get 340. maybe i just need to gt it serviced. last one was at 52000, currently at 70000.

I had 380 once I'm sure ....when I bought it - probs based on the previous owners style of driving - but more recently 340 is what it shows after filling up to the brim so your figures sound consistant range wise.

As for mpg if I'm in 'heavy foot mode' I get low 20's aswell ...otherwise I get around 25mpg average around town, 32 on the motorway. Car has done 60K.

A service did make a noticable difference mpg wise by a couple of mpg!

Hope this helps!

Just an update for everyone incase anyone is also still wandering what they should be getting..averaged out the mpg a bit on a 100 mile run on the M40 on the weekend and now the tank average is 28 mpg with 90 miles range left.

Covered 250 so far on the ODO so am on track for just under 350 miles, expect the mpg average will now drop a couple of marks as the next 90 miles will be around town so estimate around the 26mpg mark at the end - would say this will be a fairly mixed bag of driving with the A/C on around town and motorway. Also full 5 passengers on the 100 miles motorway stretch and a bit of uphill on the M40 from Junction 6 through the 'cliffs' so used the sequential to drop it down a gear for a bit and bit of heavy foot etc.

Will post the final results end of the week!

Cheers, H

• 2 weeks later...

hey took the car to gatwick airport on thursday. filled the tank to the brim and on board computer showed range 342miles. flicked the switch to snow mode and set off from bridgend s.wales. ist stop at cardiff got caught in rush hour 5 oclock traffic. got onto m4 at 5.30 and somehow ending up at heathrow airport at 8. (in my defense no one told me which airport to go to) ok so make quick exit from car park and made mt way to gatwick. picked up my package and them made my way back to cardiff and then back home. so to the point. total miles driven was approx 380miles with 70 miles left according to on board comp. giving total of 450miles at 38.2mpg. ave speed 50. kept max speed below 80mph all the way. im actually impressed at its range but still think it should have been able to do a bit better on fuel. 38.2 is not really that good especially on such a long trip at mostly a constant speed. but still good enough. will check now when i fill up next what it gives as estimated tank miles. will keep you guys updated.

Interesting figures buppers! I filled right to the brim on the weekend, had a range of 338 and covered 60 miles so far, the fuel gauge needle hasn't moved too much so far, had a 40 mile motorway stretch which saw 34mpg, the next 20 miles have been around and about town and now average tank mpg has dropped to 29mpg + my sister has just passed her test so she's still getting use to the fact you don't need to put your foot right down - so expect I lost an mpg or 2 there!

Either way these figures are miles off yours (excuse the pun)! I'm aiming for 400 miles on this tank, am driving extremely cautiously...you mentioned about snow mode...does that help mpg wise? Mine will always be a mix but mainly town driving, if I can make 400 I'll be happy with that I think!

just filled up to the brim again,and am really confused. odo is showing 380miles range. before filling up had 14 miles of fuel left and mpg was at 36.4. was expecting to see 400 or more miles. also was expecting better mpg values on my last run since i always use tesco premium fuel at 99 octance. to be honest these figures mean nothing to me as i know that come the end of the week i need to put in £50/£60 fuel in no matter what mpg/range im getting.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've also accepted the same - end of the week £50 - 60 and miles will be somewhere between 330 - 360 max for me! Either way it's just meant to be a rough estimate and in all fairness it's not too bad mpg wise, just depends how much of a heavy foot you have! Cheers for everyone's input!

I think I've also accepted the same - end of the week £50 - 60 and miles will be somewhere between 330 - 360 max for me! Either way it's just meant to be a rough estimate and in all fairness it's not too bad mpg wise, just depends how much of a heavy foot you have! Cheers for everyone's input!

Well i put in £58. the other day and drove to East Devon then across to west and back home, also 2 days driving to work & back

Have done 512 miles so far and i am still showing a range of 63miles.

IS220d i was doing 70-80 on Motorway and it was saying avg 44.1 mpg.

My MPG seems to get better & Better.

Matt

• 1 month later...

Does it really matter? We all know mpg is affected by all sorts of variation, primarily driving style, but also tyres, tyre pressure, ambient temperature and the octane rating.

As long as your 250 returns between 27 and 40 mpg what's there to talk about? :unsure: