Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knocking From Front Right Wheel

Hi,

When i turn left at low speed, such as when turning into a parking space, and i brake gently at the same time, I get a knocking noise from the driver side brakes/suspension. Any ideas?

It doenst make a sound fro the left side, and i have to be braking at the same time.

Sounds like the same problem the IS200 has ..in that the pad moves around inside the calliper housing (and makes a nice loud clonk noise)the retaining clips may be slack and need opening them out to tighten them up a bit.( in essence holds the pad tighter).....or could be a ball joint....how old is your car..?

Sounds like the same problem the IS200 has ..in that the pad moves around inside the calliper housing (and makes a nice loud clonk noise)the retaining clips may be slack and need opening them out to tighten them up a bit.( in essence holds the pad tighter).....or could be a ball joint....how old is your car..?

its 4 years old come december. But if it were the ball joint, it shoudnt make a diference if i brake or not, should it??

Could the knocking noise be coming from the shocker absorber? Get it into a garage and get them to check all the suspension compoents properly.

this is exactly the problem im having. i've been having alot of trouble with that caliper sticking and had the pads replaced, since then its been giving me the knocking. I needed the ball joint replaced anyway but the knocking is still there. Must be the pads or something.

Got the same on my IS250 SE-L MM - Getting the front shocks, ball joints and retaining clips all replaced under warranty in a couple of weeks . Hope this sorts the problem. I'll keep you posted.

I have a similar problem; a lexus mechanic test drove my car and diagnosed it as front brake shims which had apparently dried up. Not sure that is the problem, as I have just had my shock absorber replaced and my car is only 2yrs old.

Will wait and see when it goes in, which believe it or not is in a MONTHS time. :tsktsk: