Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance (quoted Happy Indeed)

Rory

my original (and cheapest) quote on my IS200 was £1470 in 2007 as, despite my age (25), i'd only been driving 6 months, and have a claim, and don't live in a particularly crime free area

I went with Adrian Flux for the second year as they were the only broker to quote me under £1000 (Equity Red Star), which was over £200 less than everyone else at the time, including interest as I had to pay monthly (£91pm)

this year the renewal is £812 single payment, or £93 monthly for 10 months, so I got a fresh quote from their website and it came back £518! I rang them and they have slashed the £812 to £517, thats correct, they have just knocked £295 off my renewal quote, simply because I phoned them up, and the only detail I changed was that the car is valued less this year, and they weren't pushy in any way, they simply said they'll post the quote in writing for me to check the terms and so I can shop around while I still have 2 weeks to renew

Just thought i'd share my story

:D

my original (and cheapest) quote on my IS200 was £1470 in 2007 as, despite my age (25), i'd only been driving 6 months, and have a claim, and don't live in a particularly crime free area

I went with Adrian Flux for the second year as they were the only broker to quote me under £1000 (Equity Red Star), which was over £200 less than everyone else at the time, including interest as I had to pay monthly (£91pm)

this year the renewal is £812 single payment, or £93 monthly for 10 months, so I got a fresh quote from their website and it came back £518! I rang them and they have slashed the £812 to £517, thats correct, they have just knocked £295 off my renewal quote, simply because I phoned them up, and the only detail I changed was that the car is valued less this year, and they weren't pushy in any way, they simply said they'll post the quote in writing for me to check the terms and so I can shop around while I still have 2 weeks to renew

You should ask you mate Jamie, he is lot younger than yourself, 20yrs at the time he had his supercharger fitted and he was not paying nothing like you are mate :o i don't know if he told them about the charger mind :winky:

When you see him again ask him if he has told his insurance about all the mods on his new micra :winky:

Indeed, I had about £250 knocked off my bike insurance just because i rang them up and said i'm not paying that much.

Bit of a cheek really - I refused to reinsure with Elephant this year (changed to Bell, which is the same company really) simply because they didn't offer me as good a price. They rely on you just letting them get on with it, and I refused their offer of 'let's see if we can do better' because if they can't be bothered to offer me their best price in the first place, they dont' get the business. Simples...

I assume there are plenty of people who can't be bothered with the shopping around and the companies just try their luck with a random renewal price and those people just accept it

You should ask you mate Jamie, he is lot younger than yourself, 20yrs at the time he had his supercharger fitted and he was not paying nothing like you are mate :o i don't know if he told them about the charger mind :winky:

When you see him again ask him if he has told his insurance about all the mods on his new micra :winky:

lol, Jamie's insurance is not my concern, I know theres lots of drivers with undeclared mods, whether Jamie is/was included in those I honestly don't know, i'm happy with my new quote tho :D

I assume there are plenty of people who can't be bothered with the shopping around and the companies just try their luck with a random renewal price and those people just accept it

lol, Jamie's insurance is not my concern, I know theres lots of drivers with undeclared mods, whether Jamie is/was included in those I honestly don't know, i'm happy with my new quote tho :D

All uninsured drivers should be your concern mate, as it all the uninsured drivers that are pushing your payments up :winky:

I never said Jamie was uninsured, but I agree, I do my bit by being fully covered, and hope myself and no one else is hit by an uninsured driver

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links