Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running Stock 17¨ With Wider Rear Tire

N2KHL

hey guys just a quick bit of advice needed. Just had some falken 452s fitted on the front wheels 215/45/17 just wanted to make sure that i can pair this up with some 225/45/17 on the rears. Just wanna make sure i dont need to reduce the profile or the tire on the rears? After i had a bit of tail action and a visit to the bodyshop a while back i just wanted to make sure im firmly planted on the road with the widest i can get in the stock rims.

hey guys just a quick bit of advice needed. Just had some falken 452s fitted on the front wheels 215/45/17 just wanted to make sure that i can pair this up with some 225/45/17 on the rears. Just wanna make sure i dont need to reduce the profile or the tire on the rears? After i had a bit of tail action and a visit to the bodyshop a while back i just wanted to make sure im firmly planted on the road with the widest i can get in the stock rims.

with a wider back tyre you will have better grip in the dry but you cant have it all ways the wider the tyre the worse in the wet and to pee on the fire even more really bad in the snow.

lol thanks ormi but just to clear something up ive got 45 profile on the front with 215 and i gonna be ok with 45 profile on the 225 or should it be 40 profile ?? if ya know that is ??

lol thanks ormi but just to clear something up ive got 45 profile on the front with 215 and i gonna be ok with 45 profile on the 225 or should it be 40 profile ?? if ya know that is ??

i would stick with 45 mate as you havent went that much wider if you know what i mean your only 10mm wider so thats not enough to warrant changing the side wall size.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links