Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have Just Bought An Is-f

I'm well chuffed. It's a Feb '09 in Arctic Pearl Metallic. It has 9700 miles on it and I got it for £38,950 which I think was a very good price. They threw in free gap insurance as well.

What a car. After four M3's, this is a bit of a departure for me. It was like driving a Playstation. When you open the throttle, the V8 absolutely roars. Amazing!

I pick it up Saturday morning and I can't bloody wait!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome & congratulations Chris :D

Sounds like you got a great deal

Make sure you get some pics and post them up after you've picked it up :winky:

Welcome to LOC.

Very pleased for you man.

An IS F is going to be my next car, if I can’t get it in the Ultra Blue, then I’ve finally decided to settle with the Cardaxton Grey or whatever they call it.

So from M3 to IS F, I like it.

Just out of curiousity why the switch?

Welcome to LOC.

An IS F is going to be my next car, if I can’t get it in the Ultra Blue, then I’ve finally decided to settle with the Cardaxton Grey or whatever they call it.

Well, I have had two E36 M3s and two E46 M3s. However, I really don't like the design of the new one so thought I'd go for a C63 AMG or the IS-F. Then I decided the C63 is a bit too hard core for me and also more expensive. That left the IS-F and I've been looking for one for a while. Being a lazy car buyer, I can't be arsed to travel too far, so when this one came up locally, I was straight over there.

With Cadaxton Slate, the salesman told me they don't look as good because there is no contrast between the interior and exterior. A personal choice I guess but the white and black together look fabulous.

Chris

Welcome to LOC.

Well, I have had two E36 M3s and two E46 M3s. However, I really don't like the design of the new one so thought I'd go for a C63 AMG or the IS-F. Then I decided the C63 is a bit too hard core for me and also more expensive. That left the IS-F and I've been looking for one for a while. Being a lazy car buyer, I can't be arsed to travel too far, so when this one came up locally, I was straight over there.

With Cadaxton Slate, the salesman told me they don't look as good because there is no contrast between the interior and exterior. A personal choice I guess but the white and black together look fabulous.

Chris

I think the C63 AMG looks nice aswell, but I would go for IS F anyday.

Well talk about exclusive, you know how many heads you will turn with that, trust me when I saw one in the flesh it just looked awesome.

Yes, im getting my IS f tomorrow, can wait, the speed, luxury, the toys, Beep Beep Beep.... :tsktsk: my alaram has just gone off... i must have been dreaming :( im soooooo jealous, enjoy your car mate and welcome to LOC :winky:

I'm well chuffed. It's a Feb '09 in Arctic Pearl Metallic. It has 9700 miles on it and I got it for £38,950 which I think was a very good price. They threw in free gap insurance as well.

What a car. After four M3's, this is a bit of a departure for me. It was like driving a Playstation. When you open the throttle, the V8 absolutely roars. Amazing!

I pick it up Saturday morning and I can't bloody wait!!

Hi Chris, and welcome to the club :D. I am sure you will like the ISF after the M3's - it is a little quicker than even the latest M3's up to speeds on public roads, and although some say the handling is not be as perfect, away fom a track I doubt you will notice. What you will notice is how much more tractable it is particularly in slow traffic - but the devil in it is still waiting for your right foot when conditions are right.

May I suggest you enquire with your dealer about the Lexus prepaid service scheme, extended warranty and tyre insurance which might be worthwhile particularly as a bundle at this time. It is not that the car is unreliable (as if a Lexus would be), but a lot of the parts are unique and these "insurances" could prevent a nasty shock when you least want it.

So enjoy. I haven't a single proper gripe about mine and don't know of any who have. But to keep it pristine, you will have to wash it often - very often - because it generates a lot of brake dust which the airflow spreads down the sides, and on a white car, that is going to show.

M3 or ISF? The torque figures and the extra touch of class would push me towards the ISF, defintely. I would be looking at alternative low dust pads, if they exist.

Hi Chris, and welcome to the club.

May I suggest you enquire with your dealer about the Lexus prepaid service scheme, extended warranty and tyre insurance which might be worthwhile particularly as a bundle at this time. It is not that the car is unreliable (as if a Lexus would be), but a lot of the parts are unique and these "insurances" could prevent a nasty shock when you least want it.

I'll echo that welcome Chris - enjoy the beast!

The bit about service, warranty and tyres is interesting.....I've done the pre-paid service thing (although only last week - it took until then for Nottingham to get the info. through!) which looks "about right" cost-wise but I wasn't planning on keeping mine longer than two years so not sure if the warranty extension would be worthwhile. What sort of cost is it?

The tyre insurance is something all-new to me (despite my advanced years!) - I do actually live in dread of a tyre problem on this wee beastie, not so much because of cost (although I doubt the rubber is cheap!), more the thought of some tyre lever jockey taking less than perfect care of the wheel! :crying:

Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't aware of the prepaid servicing. Is it much cheaper? I was offered the tyre and wheel insurance and the time of purchase but not having a puncture for as long as I can remember, and not being a person who kerbs wheels, I couldn't see it was of much value.

I see that quite a few IS-F owners are not in the first flush of youth. I'm now 56 so am actually looking quite young in amongst you lot. a012.gif

I see that quite a few IS-F owners are not in the first flush of youth. I'm now 56 so am actually looking quite young in amongst you lot.

I think the expression I'm looking for would be something like "up one's nose"!

But you're right - I've got eight (nearly nine in fact) years on you - you young whippersnapper!

Very very nice, no doubt you're well happy with it.

Just out of intrigue, what's your neighbours and freinds take on it compared with the M3, what's their reaction?

I am very happy with it! I've ploughed through the two instruction manuals. All in all, about 800 pages. The English translation is a bit suspect in places.

Everyone who's seen it up to now have preferred it to the M3. My neighbour thinks the M3 looks very dated compared to the Lexus, which I'd suppose it would as it's the previous model.

I spent a few hours cleaning it yesterday as it was not valeted properly when I picked it up. There was chocolate in the passenger seat perforations, a small blue paint scrape on the rear bumper and quite a few tar spots. I have sorted all of that out. However, I'm not happy with the wheels. The n/s rear has been kerbed and the two fronts have been 'cleaned' with an abrasive scourer of some sort and removed the shine from the inside rims between the struts and left them with a flat scratched effect. I'm waiting for a call back from Lexus to discuss.

What a lovely car. Something of a stunner especially in white. I think Lexus could have made more of an effort with its presentation but hopefully they will oblige but you to get in there quickly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links