Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have Just Bought An Is-f

That's ridiculous taxation, I'm scared to ask how much a properly expensive car like a veyron costs...... :o

What exactly makes the tax so high? Is it a CO2 thing? Or all cars? Or just import goods in general? That's like 400% tax though isn't it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

what's the situation re. keeping that baby clean? Fancy one myself, and it just happens to be pearlescent white... :winky:

- Mark

congrats on the new toy. I just PM'ed you about a number plate you might be interested in for it.

As for the scratched wheels I suspect that this is the same issue all ISF owners i have spoken with have. The brake dust is shocking and if like me you were not aware that not only is it dust but red-hot shards of metal flying off the brake pads onto the wheels and bodywork, you would feel happy to wash the beast once a week. However the brake dust builds up and i didn't really notice until it was too late and the wheels were damaged beyon cleaning. Lexus tried to clean them 3 times and although the dust is all gone now, i am left with scratched inbetween ever spoke and small paint damage too along the door sills. The other white ISF owner I know really had obvious damage to his paint and wheels.

both of us have been given brand new wheels despite it not being covered under warranty - good will guesture by Lexus GB (thanks)

Advise is to clean the wheels after every trip - as advised to me by Lexus.

Here is the post link to see what I mean

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/show...amp;postcount=1

I went and picked mine up from Lexus today after they'd had it for two days to sort the wheels out. They have refurb'd all four to what appears to be a very high standard. I was hoping they'd replace with new, but having seen the standard of the refurb, I'm not unhappy.

I will ensure they are now kept clean. This isn't too difficult for me as I don't go far anyway and as I don't work, I have plenty of time to do these things. I'll keep my eye out for paintwork damage on the door seals. I don't have any as yet.

• 3 weeks later...
That's ridiculous taxation, I'm scared to ask how much a properly expensive car like a veyron costs...... :o

What exactly makes the tax so high? Is it a CO2 thing? Or all cars? Or just import goods in general? That's like 400% tax though isn't it?

It is a general tax on all cars and it has been like that forever. The tax is 180% and then 25% consumers tax which is on all things you buy. I heard a rumour that the Veyron is something like £3,150,000. At the moment electric cars are tax-free but that is probably going to change as soon as the government sees the money opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...

Never was a fan of these, especially in black.

They look way better in white, I must say. Yours looks really nice. Any chance of putting a sound clip on?

Would still have a C63 AMG instead. Although the price is higher.

Did you try the M3 saloon also? How did it compare?

Jesus - cant you import one?

No, I would have to pay the taxes to get a license plate on the car and I am not allowed as a danish citizen to drive in a car with foreign license plates in Denmark. :(

Finland has the same problem. Hence why I never registered myself there when we lived there. Just kept an address in UK. Worth every penny it cost me ;)

congrats on the new toy. I just PM'ed you about a number plate you might be interested in for it.

As for the scratched wheels I suspect that this is the same issue all ISF owners i have spoken with have. The brake dust is shocking and if like me you were not aware that not only is it dust but red-hot shards of metal flying off the brake pads onto the wheels and bodywork, you would feel happy to wash the beast once a week. However the brake dust builds up and i didn't really notice until it was too late and the wheels were damaged beyon cleaning. Lexus tried to clean them 3 times and although the dust is all gone now, i am left with scratched inbetween ever spoke and small paint damage too along the door sills. The other white ISF owner I know really had obvious damage to his paint and wheels.

both of us have been given brand new wheels despite it not being covered under warranty - good will guesture by Lexus GB (thanks)

Advise is to clean the wheels after every trip - as advised to me by Lexus.

Here is the post link to see what I mean

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/show...amp;postcount=1

I went and picked mine up from Lexus today after they'd had it for two days to sort the wheels out. They have refurb'd all four to what appears to be a very high standard. I was hoping they'd replace with new, but having seen the standard of the refurb, I'm not unhappy.

I will ensure they are now kept clean. This isn't too difficult for me as I don't go far anyway and as I don't work, I have plenty of time to do these things. I'll keep my eye out for paintwork damage on the door seals. I don't have any as yet.

wow mate that car is stunning, and the quality of the work that has gone into the detailing is fantastic...

....and here she is!!

2efkz1t.jpg

28qxp5e.jpg

acfqfl.jpg

214e3j5.jpg

saw my first one of these this morning, i called into lexus teeside just to have a look and said that to the salesman just incase he thought he had a sale. he stood there for a little while and we talked about it and motorbikes as well. well limpressed with the banter/crack. what a car!!!!! now to start saving up.... mmm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links