Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Is200 Won't Start

Help folks, I've got a problem!!

Got a call last night from the wife to say the car won't start.

When I turned up the dash lights come on, but I noticed the clock and the radio had reset it's self, when you go to start the car it just goes dead, all lights go out and it wont turn over. then there is a faint beeping coming from the boot area.

Tried jump starting it and also bump starting it but still nothing, then the dash lights wouldn't even come on. Finally got dash lights on but still didn't start. Central locking doesnt work and I have to lock all the doors seperately.

She says there were no warning lights on in the dash before she stopped, and the car seemed to driving fine with nothing noticable about it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Deeg

Help folks, I've got a problem!!

Got a call last night from the wife to say the car won't start.

When I turned up the dash lights come on, but I noticed the clock and the radio had reset it's self, when you go to start the car it just goes dead, all lights go out and it wont turn over. then there is a faint beeping coming from the boot area.

Tried jump starting it and also bump starting it but still nothing, then the dash lights wouldn't even come on. Finally got dash lights on but still didn't start. Central locking doesnt work and I have to lock all the doors seperately.

She says there were no warning lights on in the dash before she stopped, and the car seemed to driving fine with nothing noticable about it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Deeg

I would say it sounds like the Battery is dead, when I disconnected my Battery the beeping came from the boot to say that the power had gone. I would test that first then check the alternator is charging it!

Cheers guys,

Turned out to be the Battery in the end and the car I tried to jump start from doesnt like to jump start cars! Something about sensing too much drain??? anyway I'm back on the road now with a new Battery as the last one had enough.