Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice Needed - Where Do I Go To Get A Sticky Caliper Looked At?

Don't want to go to Lexus to get this sticky caliper looked at, so would rather take it to someone local - can anyone recommend a good local independent, either near by, or alternatively, a good local in London where you know they have worked on brakes before and have provided a good service please.

Any advice is much appreciated as ever, thanks guys!

Can second ABM - Albin motors - Kevin, the guy that runs it is a nice guy and sorted mine out a treat.

I should even remember if you mention it - Kevin Dodd, silver IS with sticking front calipers, LOC member.

They are fairly honest guys - all ex Lexus Bromley, and will help you keep costs low if they can. With mine it is a case of freeing pistons with a g-cramp a few times and then re-greasing the sliding pins - which I have subsequently renewed.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is considering using Kevin @ Albin Motors - i can HIGHLY recommend him.

Extremely nice guy, takes the time to accomodate you needs (i dropped the car off earlier than i said i would on 2 occasions and he did the work earlier than he said he would on both), he didn't charge for the 1hour his mechanic spent looking over the initial caliper issue because altough they tried to fix it, it was still much the same afterward. He fitted the new fuel cap spring and didn't charge me, taking it on faith value i would be back later to have the full work carried out. Anyway just returned to pick the car up today and he had fitted the new caliper and fixed 2 new headlamp washer covers on the front bumper using some ingenious clip system (didn't fancy shelling out £400 at Lexus for headlamp washers!).

Very nice guy, great operation, all ex Lexus Bromley as was stated - thumbs up all round!