idot swung infront of me, slammed his brakes on

I apply lots of brakes ..

boom ...

the rest is imaginable

:crybaby:

Pictures to follow soon,

and I had just washed it

OMG!

I was on the M62 yesterday about 4:30ish and I drove past (at the legel limit :)) a green IS200 parked up on the hard shoulder with a smashed up front, was that you? I think the reg of the car ended in RAR. I was driving back to Ilkley (near Leeds) from Runcorn.

Sorry to see this mate- at least you and your passengers are ok- the car can be replaced.

On the M62 ...

idot swung infront of me, slammed his brakes on

I apply lots of brakes ..

boom ...

the rest is imaginable

Pictures to follow soon,

and I had just washed it

OMG!

I was on the M62 yesterday about 4:30ish and I drove past (at the legel limit :)) a green IS200 parked up on the hard shoulder with a smashed up front, was that you? I think the reg of the car ended in RAR. I was driving back to Ilkley (near Leeds) from Runcorn.

Sorry to see this mate- at least you and your passengers are ok- the car can be replaced.

That was me buddy.

gutted for you, I nearly lost the front of mine in a transit van that completely ignored the roundabout he was approaching and I was already on it with the intention of goin accross the front of him, he saw me last second and locked up, leavin me just enough room to pass

(if you do get it back i'm interested in parts :D )

gutted for you, I nearly lost the front of mine in a transit van that completely ignored the roundabout he was approaching and I was already on it with the intention of goin accross the front of him, he saw me last second and locked up, leavin me just enough room to pass

if i get it back it will be repaired and back on the road.

Awww ibby im gutted 4 u & know how u feel can remember you lookin 4 the Lex & finding it when i did mine i was in bits but got a better 1 in the end so try think about your next 1 & boy u was lucky could have been real nasty on the M62 Chin Up

take my advice mate...dont buy it back as a cat D...its way too much hassle and will cost u a LOT of money to fix. considering it'll prbably defo need jig work with the chassis leg ends then u gotta get all the parts etc its gonna end up well expensive to fix. i'd rather just get the insurance to deal with everything whichever way they want.

mines a cat d mate and was a project but took me a lot of time to sort so just my opinion. mine was worth it in the end tho ;) lol

Evening mate, I'm pretty sure I saw you on the hard shoulder on my way home from work.

If i'm right you were just before the brighouse turning on the M62?

Saw your car and was Gutted for the driver (you). :crybaby:

Its a bad stretch of motorway, is the fourth or five accident I have seen on my way home in as many weeks!

Hope you get a swift pay out and you find a car to replace it with asap.

James

take my advice mate...dont buy it back as a cat D...its way too much hassle and will cost u a LOT of money to fix. considering it'll prbably defo need jig work with the chassis leg ends then u gotta get all the parts etc its gonna end up well expensive to fix. i'd rather just get the insurance to deal with everything whichever way they want.

mines a cat d mate and was a project but took me a lot of time to sort so just my opinion. mine was worth it in the end tho ;) lol

I will find out tommrow,

But my understanding was that Jig work would only be needed if the crash bar on the front was broken/snapped

the way the car has hit, its hit over the crash bar.

doesnt work like that mate.your front panel is attached to the chassis legs and your front panel has taken one hard knock(pushed back) so that could have bent the legs up.or down depending on angle of hit.

doesnt work like that mate.your front panel is attached to the chassis legs and your front panel has taken one hard knock(pushed back) so that could have bent the legs up.or down depending on angle of hit.

could you take a picture and explain please

(ie of a non broken car)

I didn't mean to sound like some kind of vulture with my post, my apologies, as I do feel your pain, and its not the shortest of processes to get things sorted after a bump, hope all works out Ibby

I didn't mean to sound like some kind of vulture with my post, my apologies, as I do feel your pain, and its not the shortest of processes to get things sorted after a bump, hope all works out Ibby

no need buddy!

i didnt take any offence

can anyone give me a price approx prices for these items

from a salvage yard

bonnet,hinges.2x wings,front panel,bonnet catch plus cable, bumper,poss crash bar,head lamp washers,head lamps,

someone has a front end on eBay at the mo, i'll see if I can dig it out

Edit: Here u go, item 350223116211, he hasn't put a price tho, have to ring or email him

i think your car will be cat c and need a vic check and will be recorded on logbook. That's not really important anyway as don't think you can buy it back direct anymore, used to be able to buy it back for 10% and get paid out aswell. Secondly cars are very expensive to fix even with used parts and cash in hand to back street garages. I bought mine as cat c and had 10% the damage of yours, rear end- bumper and lights and jigging etc. If you do want it jigging then there is a guy in yorkshire autotrader who is cheap for cash. You are better off though to get the insurer paying out and getting a newer one (adding cash). Be aware may go down as fault claim as you went into the back of someone, regardless of the actual truth, life isn't fair and it's upto the insurers not the drivers to decide what happened and the other insurer will not want to pay out, they will say their driver was braking normally and you were too close and too fast and couldn't stop. Try and get something in writing from the other driver saying he hit the wrong pedal etc.

Take the £3.5k from the insurers and buy a replacement car. I'd rather have a straight car (no accident damage) instead of a accident damaged repaired car.

Just think how hard it will be to sell your cat c car (when the time comes to sell).

ur looking at roughly I'd say at least £1.5k to repair that mate. Labour alone will be the biggest hit but I can tell u that for a full front panel ur looking at £173inc VAT IIRC. For a bonnet, roughly £100-150 used. Wings, £50-£80 each used. Bumper, £70 used....As you can see thats only a few of the parts and the price is mounting up. Once u add spraying and then labour rates for jig work etc it'll be quite a lot.

just out of interest tho mate, what year is ur car and what mileage has it done? the valuation u've been given seems quite low but I think it'll be easier and less hassle to just take the money and get a newer/better one.

i know some people will probably think that what am i on about coz i got a light damaged car as a project then got it repaired but my one had stupidly low mileage and less damage than urs but also had a higher residual value so taking thinks like age mileage and residual value into account and especially as the insurance only valued urs at £3.5k I'd say take the money mate.

Hope everything gets sorted one way or another tho.

ur looking at roughly I'd say at least £1.5k to repair that mate. Labour alone will be the biggest hit but I can tell u that for a full front panel ur looking at £173inc VAT IIRC. For a bonnet, roughly £100-150 used. Wings, £50-£80 each used. Bumper, £70 used....As you can see thats only a few of the parts and the price is mounting up. Once u add spraying and then labour rates for jig work etc it'll be quite a lot.

just out of interest tho mate, what year is ur car and what mileage has it done? the valuation u've been given seems quite low but I think it'll be easier and less hassle to just take the money and get a newer/better one.

i know some people will probably think that what am i on about coz i got a light damaged car as a project then got it repaired but my one had stupidly low mileage and less damage than urs but also had a higher residual value so taking thinks like age mileage and residual value into account and especially as the insurance only valued urs at £3.5k I'd say take the money mate.

Hope everything gets sorted one way or another tho.

My car is a 1999 V reg

80k Miles

FSH (lexus and Lexus Doncaster based firm)

I was in manchester for short term,

I am now live in wakefield :) (near leeds)

I dont have the car, the insurance people have the car.

THe only bad point was the alloys, (needed refurb)

Had that acutually booked in as well! to fix :crybaby:

What should it be worth ?

I cant remmber what i paid for it

i think 3.5 is fair. Insurance is there to put you back in the exact same positiion as you were before the crash ie buying a v reg with 80k for 3.5, so check parkers guide for value etc and view autotrader, the 3.5 can be disputed if you can find similar cars (from private sales only) for more money, (i worked for rbs motorclaims) and use these exact examples to dispute, but 3.5 seems fair, i would put a couple a grand to it and buy a lot newer if you still want an is200, also to buy yours seems cheap but i paid 1440 for my cat c and needed a lot less work, jigging is not cheap and most firms would charge well over a grand to jig your chassis legs etc and it needs to be done properly as it's such heavy damage. It's not my business but would advise you to steer well clear of repairing this one mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links