Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I just being fussy?

OK, so Toyota get really upset when a journalist calls their Lexus cars 'glorified Toyotas' and there's no doubt that Toyota have gone to troubles to keep the Lexus brand apart from Toyota...

So why is it that when I was taking my usual afternoon gawk at my car ;) that I noticed the rear-view mirror had 'Toyota' just stamped on it in fairly large text? I'm not a badge freak (well only a bit). I'm not complaining but after spending so many millions on building a brand and being almost emotional if any soul was bold enough to get them confused should they not have finished the job?

I reckon it would have been cool to have Lexus written across it in the Lexus font... but then again, if having the mere name on a piece of plastic pushes the price up, I'll shut my mouth and happily accept the Toyota name :smilegrin:

-Emrul

[Edited on 8-4-2002 by GCHQAgent]

yes :D

Seriously though, when i test drove one in Feb 2000 it had Toyota stamped on all the windows, which stood out a bit, but when i finally bought one in March 2001 it has Lexus stamped on it - so maybe others have complained too!

The rear light housings and engine cover say it too - but it doesn't bother me at all :)

hey, after all it is a toyota yezzzzzzzzz......

nothing wrong with that !!

nobody ever told me that there are toyota stamps all over, when they get in my car. They're just impressed with what the car is all about, and that is luxury and performance.