Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Sport Tow Bar

ADLEY

Hi guys, I have a 2000 IS200 sport and was wondering if anyone had any luck fitting a tow bar to one. Now Lexus want to charge me £700 for parts and fitting which is ridiculous as every other car under the sun costs about £200. Now heres my question. Nowhere apart from Lexus seems to offer a sport tow bar evene though its the recommended model for towing (Correct me if im worng). I have called Lexus and got their serial number for the bar which is made by brink. I have then rung brink in holland to confirm what part they ship to Lexus and suprise suprise its the same as the bar that is used for the standard is200, which I found out from a UK Brink Fitter) Has anyone had any experience with this before? If so it would be a great help, I wonder if Lexus do anything different with the part when fitting it to a sport??

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Andy

Nowhere apart from Lexus seems to offer a sport tow bar evene though its the recommended model for towing (Correct me if im worng).

I don't think the IS200 "Sport" was the recommended model for towing; the rear skirt made it slightly more difficult to fit a tow bar compared to other models. I got my tow bar from Lexus (yes, it was just a Brink one) and fitted it to my IS200 SE without having to cut the rear bumper. However, the instructions that came with it included a diagram showing cuts being made. I assume that was only required for the sport model.

the sport and the se and even the s bumpers are all the same.but their was some optional extras like the trd rear skirt and the tte rear skirt which will both need to be modified(cut) to fit a tow bar heres a pic of the tte skirt and trd skirts

asi's(black one)tte rear lip my one(green one)trd rear lip

P1020782.jpg

deckz's new car no rear lip

CompsitePictures121-1.jpg

the sport and the se and even the s bumpers are all the same.but their was some optional extras like the trd rear skirt and the tte rear skirt which will both need to be modified(cut) to fit a tow bar heres a pic of the tte skirt and trd skirts

P1020782.jpg

Mine is the same as the bottom pic without the lip, should I be able to go to any brink fitter then or would I have to use lexus theres a £300 quid price difference and it seems to me that its the same part?

Thanks for all the answers really helpfull!

P1020782.jpg

Mine is the same as the bottom pic without the lip, should I be able to go to any brink fitter then or would I have to use lexus theres a £300 quid price difference and it seems to me that its the same part?

Thanks for all the answers really helpfull!

straight on matey straight on.

Thanks for all the help guys, got it booked in with a Brink fitter on Friday, will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Andy

make sure the boy does not use scotch locks!!!!!!worst thing ever invented.

Thanks for all the help guys, got it booked in with a Brink fitter on Friday, will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the tip!

Any update on this yet?

Have you had the towbar fitted yet?

Does it clear the rear bumper?

Jon