Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Pads For Ls400 4pot Calipers?

gsportcars

I have the LS400 4 pot calipers fitted to my IS with the UK supra discs. This setup was bought from Mat and has worked perfectly until I went on track.

The factory spec mintex pads were really struggling to cope so I am looking for uprated track pads. The problem is that the LS400 is not really an ideal track car so I have not been able to source any decent pads.

I would prefer not to have to buy from the states etc and I also don't want to have to get custom pads made. If this is the case i would consider selling the calipers and buying the UK spec supra calipers.

Any help is much appreciated folks.... :winky:

Stav swap with what mate?

Dave I have heard the EBC stuff is not really up to the job. I was thinking along the lines of the ferodo ds2500 or mintex 1144. They are a proper track pad but one step down from full race spec pads. I have never really heard any good reviews of EBC pads on track at all.

Ah right...

I don't think they are used on any other car. Maybe some american models but I really don't know.

Just out of curiosity Stav, are you able to fit your standard IS alloys over the supra calipers? I have heard they fit using a 5mm spacer?

Only reason I ask is that I tried the same with my front wheels as I have a set of stock rims for the track and there was no chance of them fitting. I even double the spacer up to 10mm just to see if they would fit and it was still way out.

• 8 months later...

Ah right...

I don't think they are used on any other car. Maybe some american models but I really don't know.

Just out of curiosity Stav, are you able to fit your standard IS alloys over the supra calipers? I have heard they fit using a 5mm spacer?

Only reason I ask is that I tried the same with my front wheels as I have a set of stock rims for the track and there was no chance of them fitting. I even double the spacer up to 10mm just to see if they would fit and it was still way out.

what year LS400 pads are you using?

I know it's not quiet track racing but my EBC red stuff pads with DOT5.1 fluid hold up to me drving like a tit for 30mins+ at a time, i deliver pizzas and have an LPG conversion on my LS400mk3 which as said isn't track racing but does 0-60 in 7 secs and weighs 1600-1800kg (depengin on where you read+who is in it with me) so that a hell of a lot fo weight to keep slowing down the only better thing i could say is if i towed a caravan with it (as the brakes would be working even harder when ever your tryign to go downhill without accelerating).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links