Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keys In Boot

Good afternoon

Thanks to fjcfarrar and Parthiban I now have the keys to my car.

I didn't realise that there was a keyless boot release button on the car as I have always used the button on the fob.

Once again thank you both for your advise which not only has saved me alot of money it also meant that I didn't have to smash any windows and have glass all over the car,

Many thanks

Amanda

No probs, I was sure there was an actual boot release on the boot but don't own a mk2 IS so started to doubt myself! Glad you got it sorted without any hassle :)

No probs, I was sure there was an actual boot release on the boot but don't own a mk2 IS so started to doubt myself! Glad you got it sorted without any hassle :)

Hi,

Thank you very much

Amanda

there was absolutly no point in closing the original thread because it is absolutly no secret how to get into the boot of these cars - any chav with a 3 brain cells can work that out!

thats why its always best to lock the boot with the key!

there was absolutly no point in closing the original thread because it is absolutly no secret how to get into the boot of these cars - any chav with a 3 brain cells can work that out!

Don't think that works on the new IS though does it? Even the internal boot release is electronic so probably wouldn't operate if the car was locked........

thanks for your invaluable input Rob !

thing is we dont have chavs with 3 brain cells here :P .........well not many !

:o I'm in the same situation from last night but at 600 km from my house and the other keys, can you send me a private message explaining how you did? Now I'm waiting the courier with the keys but will not arrive until 8pm

No probs mate, glad it worked :)

i never had this problem yet. i have always expected that one day it would happen. any chance of actually posting up how to do it or at least send me a p.m. with instructions cheers

thanks for your invaluable input Rob !

thing is we dont have chavs with 3 brain cells here :P .........well not many !

bite me! :P

Pathiban - Info for me too please! Picked up an '05 plater a couple weeks ago for the Mrs and she has managed to do this 3 times in as many weeks! Cheers matey!

Would have been good if opening the boot with the key unlocks the car and keeps it unlocked too.

I was going to hold off on asking in order to protect myself from looking like a divv. But as others have asked I'll do the sheep thing and join the pack - I'd love the info too - I've done this before and had to hitch a lift home to get my spares. :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
Parthiban- thanks got your PM

any chance of a pm for this problem please i have done this before ie locked keys in boot but luckily i had a spare, but also i am a recovery technician so this info of how to do it might come in handy cheers guys.....

Could you add me to the list to thanks.I was up at RAF Conningsby when my keys were locked in my boot,this was an experiance and a half as it cost me £175 to join the AA for a year including the callout to which i had to wait 3hrs for the bloke to turn up as he could not find conningsby high street.It was a cool experience because the car was parked on the road at the end of the runway and the typhoons were starting to come home from their missions,they were landing just feet above the car i thought at one point the car was going to get blown to the other side of the road into the ditch.

Clive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links