Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Put Hid's In My Full Beam

well after looking at so many posts on hid bulbs and how good they were i got some for my dipped lights (10k's blue)and what a diff to standard bulbs so much brighter well that kind of rendered my full beam useless as my dipped lights were still brighter(i had 100watt bulbs fitted).so a boy at my work gave me a 8k hid kit(brighter than 10k's) fitted them last night all i can say is i didn't think so much light was possible!!!!my point..

if you have got hid dipped lights i really recomend hid full beam conversion...you wont regret it. B) B) B)

might change them later love the blue look though best part though they cost me £20.00 now just need a set for my fogs now.and to the fog light police no i don't drive about with my side lights and fog lights blazing think i've had them on once in a year.

ps whats the best colour or k rating to cut through fog??

Ever since I found out the dipped beams flash with the high beams I've been considering swapping them over to HIDs as well, glad they work out well. Yep 4300K is the highest light output........although for fog I think yellow is the best colour to cut through it? :unsure:

I have the HIDs as standard on dipped, don't know if I do on main beam as they don't seem as good as could be when relative to the dipped, does anyone know? (Got IS300)

No the IS300 doesn't have bi-xenon lights, only dipped.

I have the HIDs as standard on dipped, don't know if I do on main beam as they don't seem as good as could be when relative to the dipped, does anyone know? (Got IS300)

No the IS300 doesn't have bi-xenon lights, only dipped.

Cheers for the reply, I shall look into uprating these then me thinks.

honestly mate i wish i'd have done it sooner put it this way i wouldn't like to meet my lights on full beam on a country road.if you think hid dipped lights are bright get yourself the kit for full beam you will be amazed.

honestly mate i wish i'd have done it sooner put it this way i wouldn't like to meet my lights on full beam on a country road.if you think hid dipped lights are bright get yourself the kit for full beam you will be amazed.

Sounds like you'd paralyze any rabbits caught in them then :lol:

You've definately persuaded me as I use some country roads to get home, where can the kit be bought from as you got yours from your mate?

You've definately persuaded me as I use some country roads to get home, where can the kit be bought from as you got yours from your mate?

eBay mate nice and cheap £60 delivered the boy next door seen mine and ordered two sets for his old manta.you can get them cheaper though but well worth the money!!

eBay mate nice and cheap £60 delivered the boy next door seen mine and ordered two sets for his old manta.you can get them cheaper though but well worth the money!!

Cool cheers bud, I shall put some more coal on the fire and start up the eBay search engine :whistling:

But doesn't the HID full beam take a few seconds to come on? Not very good when u need to flash someone quickly. I use alot of country roads, but just HID dipped is bright enough for me. I also use the 8k colour temp HIDs for dipped.

true takes a few seconds to heat up to full brightness but when you flash fast its still brighter than your full beam if you know what i mean.

Is this what I am after for full beam conversion?

click me

Yes and no, you need 2 sets of HIDs one set HB4 and one set HB3, thats high and low beams.

If your thinking of getting both beams HID'd then get the slim slim ballasts as these will be easier to find space for on the passanger side, drivers side has over 12 acers of free space to lose them in :D

jomo he only needs one set as he has the is300 with hid's as a standard fit.

the kit you need is a hb3 kit.

jomo he only needs one set as he has the is300 with hid's as a standard fit.

DOH! should have read his info,*i'll grab me coat*