Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheel Repair After Accident

Someone just drove into the side of me, lukily enough it was quite gentle and they only really made contact with my front passenger wheel, there is slight paintwork damage but very minor.

Is it possible to get the wheel repaired rather than replaced (Other party enquiring!)

here are some picks of the wheel

If you know of a good company that can do this in the Chatham / Bromley area of SE London then pleasde let me know, i always prefer reccomendations.

Thanks for any help

Ben

Here is the whole wheel

post-27676-1248113635.jpg

This is the worst area of damage

post-27676-1248113649.jpg

Someone just drove into the side of me, lukily enough it was quite gentle and they only really made contact with my front passenger wheel, there is slight paintwork damage but very minor.

Is it possible to get the wheel repaired rather than replaced (Other party enquiring!)

here are some picks of the wheel

If you know of a good company that can do this in the Chatham / Bromley area of SE London then pleasde let me know, i always prefer reccomendations.

Thanks for any help

Ben

Easily repairable - a good refurb place should sort it. I'd recommend a visit to wim - they can have the rims sent off to a good place for refurb (they did mine) and they can check the geometry to make sure nothing was pushed out of place in the accident. It's worth a quick trip round the m25 for the peace of mind.

Yep easily repairable, my alloys that were bent after a pothole were straightened and now look like new.

Should be no more than £50 to refurb, more likely around £40. As above, WIM can sort it for you (they did mine and did a great job) as they work with BJV Engineering but there's a place nearer South London that comes highly recommended by those that have used them called Lepsons I think.

If you are doing one you need to ensure it will come back looking the same as the others. Some reapirers don't guarantee colour / finish. If in any doubt the other party will be paying.

That's an important point actually, there's a good chance it won't exactly match the others.

If they're paying, might as well buy a new wheel (they'd be getting off lightly) - it may have been slightly damaged in the impact anyway so best to just replace the wheel.

:offtopic: but when i look at the Wheels on my Lex

the Locking wheel nut looks like that (rusty) why did Lexus

not do like they did on the 200, and put a cap over the locking

wheel nut

Regs Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links