Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Took My 350 In For A Service And They Gave Me....

Took the 350 in for 40000 service today and the "swines" :whistling: at Bracknell gave me a new 450h to tool about in.

First impressions is that it is a serious peice of kit. Quiet, economical (34.5mpg today), very comfy. Lots of nice new stuff like DAB radio, HDD music, USb slot etc. Also 3d satnav, keyless entry and chilled seats.

Bad points - only that it ias only 2 parking sensors on front - will need to get two more added for peace of mind and, that I'll have to buy one now!!

Took the 350 in for 40000 service today and the "swines" :whistling: at Bracknell gave me a new 450h to tool about in.

First impressions is that it is a serious peice of kit. Quiet, economical (34.5mpg today), very comfy. Lots of nice new stuff like DAB radio, HDD music, USb slot etc. Also 3d satnav, keyless entry and chilled seats.

Bad points - only that it ias only 2 parking sensors on front - will need to get two more added for peace of mind and, that I'll have to buy one now!!

And out of interest, how much was the service, my RX350 is due it's 40000 + 1st MOT at the begining of September (or however early I can get the MOT done)

Hope I get a 450 to drive around in too...

Bracknell charged me 360 for 40K service but that included brake fluid change which isn't mandatory. Without it it would be about 310 ish I think. Also needed new front discs and pads which was another 400 or so.

Hope you like the 450h as much as me - it had absolutely no sporting attributes whatsoever and just wafted me around - loved it!

What "MODE" were you driving it in please, I bet it was economy.

You bet wrong!! :D

Just tooled around innormal mode - got around 30 mpg on shortish journeys driving normally. I then (still in normal mode) tried to drive according to the economy readouts and managed 34.5 mpg albeit this was a slower driving style than I would like.

Bracknell charged me 360 for 40K service but that included brake fluid change which isn't mandatory. Without it it would be about 310 ish I think. Also needed new front discs and pads which was another 400 or so.

Holy carp...nearly £800 :o ? No wonder you got a 450h to play with!

In contrast I paid £600 for my Lexus Service Package that included the 50/60/70 services and the associated fluids on my [facelift] RX300SE. I changed the front discs and pads myself. Bought genuine items from Lexus Woodford (£150 all inc.for the parts) and it took me the best part of 3 hours to DIY - but I managed it working slowly and taking my time. Now I know not everyone is comfortable enough to do the brakes - but seriously...£400? I wish I had your job!

You bet wrong!! :D

Just tooled around innormal mode - got around 30 mpg on shortish journeys driving normally. I then (still in normal mode) tried to drive according to the economy readouts and managed 34.5 mpg albeit this was a slower driving style than I would like.

Still poor though, my X6 35D gives 30 MPG around the local areas, and cruising at speed limits between 35/40MPG.

Not sure what it will do on a cruise as all my journeys were relatively short. Due another test drive in a week or so will update with some new figures. I had a look at X5/X6 and really liked them but couldn't fit them into my garage!! The RX is relatively compact.

Not sure what it will do on a cruise as all my journeys were relatively short. Due another test drive in a week or so will update with some new figures. I had a look at X5/X6 and really liked them but couldn't fit them into my garage!! The RX is relatively compact.

Yes size is a problem if space is limited, I live out-of town so no probs, if I lived in say any large town I would NOT have this car.

I really would have liked the RX450h to do "What it says on the tin" but it just does not economy wise anyway.

The drive and handling of the X6 is nothing short of astounding, the X5 is not in the same ball park.

The drive and handling of the X6 is nothing short of astounding, the X5 is not in the same ball park.

I actually thought the X6 would drive pretty much like an X5, the way you talk about it really makes me want to give one a go - especially how the looks are really starting to grow on me..........I still don't think it's good looking, but I love the presence it has on the road! :D

I actually thought the X6 would drive pretty much like an X5, the way you talk about it really makes me want to give one a go - especially how the looks are really starting to grow on me..........I still don't think it's good looking, but I love the presence it has on the road! :D

Give one a try you will like it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links