Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio/cd Upgrade

Hello!

Its a very bad job to do this :duh:

but its look original in the IS B)

on the afternoon, i take pictures if the construction from my radio online with a discription of the work.

greets

Tom

HY!

many years ago, i see the panasonic radio in a test in a car&hifi magazin and i was :wub: MP3, front/rear(sub out and Line In, Touchscreen with 1 million colors, very good sound and many more, but the new price was 800 euros!

The new price was 800 Euros! :( i found the radio on eBay.de for 460 euros from a car-hifi-shop and bought this radio. 2-3 years, i have the radio with the normal single-DIN- adapter in my IS. But the look was not lexus-like. i become a defect original radio and installed the panasonic dispay in the original frontmask. i search the contacts off the buttons on the print and the conducting paths for the led´s to combinate to a group and set the brigthness to original with resistors. The buttons connectet i to a original panasonic remote control and installed the IR-LED to the IR-receiver beside the panel. its read very easy, but its a hell to find all connections and hubs on the prints and connect correct for the funktions.

here pics from the conversion:

16a4511f.jpg

c07a6e6d.jpg

img1948klein4bq.jpg

img1943kleinfb8my.jpg

img1944radio0kz.jpg

img1958klein2fp.jpg

img1994kleiin0ff.jpg

img1996klein2ed.jpg

img1997klein7te.jpg

the first test:

img19998uj.jpg

img2201klein3hg.jpg

7fba044e.jpg

i need more paint-session to have the correct surface. Its RAL 9005 matt, this color is perfect for frames, gauge pods....

the time, that i needed to finish complete this radio with all problems in the constructions-time, maybe 50-100 hours, or more :wacko:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links