Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Been To Miami

Pretty much as the title suggests, planning a trip to Miami later in the year, where are good places to stay? Been thinking of booking an apartment rather than a hotel, but these seem to be spread out all over the place so really have no idea where I should be looking..........

Pretty much as the title suggests, planning a trip to Miami later in the year, where are good places to stay? Been thinking of booking an apartment rather than a hotel, but these seem to be spread out all over the place so really have no idea where I should be looking..........

we stayed in Collins ave which is pretty good and right on the beach

avoid anything within the city ! not the nicest area at all

anything near south beach will be expensive

to be honest you will have to drive everywhere so as long as its a reasonable distance from the main areas you should be fine

to be honest you will have to drive everywhere so as long as its a reasonable distance from the main areas you should be fine

Cheers Bazza, yep someone was telling me that it's only like a half hour drive to get anywhere in Miami, but I know there are lots of dodgy areas around Miami so that's exactly what I wanted to avoid!

Collins Avenue is the one that runs right down the coast (miami beach) is it? And South Beach is essentially the bottom of that road? Is anywhere along that coastline quite safe then? I'll stick to around there if that's the case :)

Cheers Bazza, yep someone was telling me that it's only like a half hour drive to get anywhere in Miami, but I know there are lots of dodgy areas around Miami so that's exactly what I wanted to avoid!

Collins Avenue is the one that runs right down the coast (miami beach) is it? And South Beach is essentially the bottom of that road? Is anywhere along that coastline quite safe then? I'll stick to around there if that's the case :)

yep all quite safe, or as safe as you are going to get, :)

yep all quite safe, or as safe as you are going to get, :)

Excellent, will look around there then - were you in a hotel or apartment?

Cheers again :)

south beach is where u want to be - forget north beach as its fairly quiet. collins is the main street in the area and is quite busy but is about 5 mins walk to the seafront. always have your ID with you as they will check it when going to a bar even if you are easily over 40!

south beach is where u want to be - forget north beach as its fairly quiet. collins is the main street in the area and is quite busy but is about 5 mins walk to the seafront. always have your ID with you as they will check it when going to a bar even if you are easily over 40!

Cheers, yep south beach looks awesome but very pricey.........gonna see what I can find, came across an apartment block called the flamingo I think which is more reasonably priced, but appears to be on the other side of the island (looking into the bay) so assume that's why it's cheaper.......

We stayed at the sherry frontenac if thats any help it was nice.

Not been looking at hotels so far as apartments give you so much more space, but that does look very nice :)

Hi!

I lived in the USA 6 for years. On my first Florida holiday I stayed in the Howard Johnson Plaza Dezerland Beach & Spa Hotel, Miami Beach. It was very nice . Some pic:

post-24331-1248810996.jpg

post-24331-1248811021.jpg

post-24331-1248812561.jpg

If you looking for a nice beach holiday in South Florida, Miami South Beach is a good choice.

If you after family friendly places then Fort Lauderdale or Pompano Beach can be better option.(about 25 miles North from Miami) Cheaper, not that busy, no scary places (like the city in Miami sometimes), lots of apartment style options. Personally if I would go back for a holiday I would get a car at the airport , travel around: Key West is very cool, Bahia Honda Island is absolutely nice , a boat tour in the Miami bay area is good ( lot of famous peoples houses) Miami Seaquarium, Everglades National Park ect...(hope this will help)

Regards B)

I'll have a car as we're driving down from Orlando, can you drive to the Keys and back in a day? Not really going to be there long enough to stay there this time around, but I'd just love to drive down as it looks really cool (on TV anyway) :)

I'll have a car as we're driving down from Orlando, can you drive to the Keys and back in a day? Not really going to be there long enough to stay there this time around, but I'd just love to drive down as it looks really cool (on TV anyway) :)

Takes about 3 hours to get to Key West (about 120miles). Lots of single lane roads. If you don't hit the traffic is fine, speeding is not recommended, cops are hiding on slip roads ect... The view is fantastic from the bridges.

The view is fantastic from the bridges.

That's what I was thinking, definitely going to try and head down there as it looks stunning from what you see on TV and stuff......cheers for the tip on the speeding too, will come in handy I'm sure! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links