Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Isf - Top Gear

Just watched Top Gear on Dave------- Clarkson mouthing off about the Lexus 5 Litre ISF... Not very complimentary... Does he really know what he is talking about??? Changed his tune about BMW's. Now it used to be he said "you need to be a :tsktsk: to buy a BMW!!" now he's changed to say in comparison the the Lexus " You need to be a :tsktsk: NOT to buy a BMW". I think he is a :tsktsk: . Lexus is superior to BM's and I wish he would get taken off our screens... grrrrrr, gnash, gnash.... Fat OAF.

Am I bovvered.... Am I bovvered..... YEAH.... LOL

Col.. Hee Hee.

Just watched Top Gear on Dave------- Clarkson mouthing off about the Lexus 5 Litre ISF... Not very complimentary... Does he really know what he is talking about??? Changed his tune about BMW's. Now it used to be he said "you need to be a :tsktsk: to buy a BMW!!" now he's changed to say in comparison the the Lexus " You need to be a :tsktsk: NOT to buy a BMW". I think he is a :tsktsk: . Lexus is superior to BM's and I wish he would get taken off our screens... grrrrrr, gnash, gnash.... Fat OAF.

Am I bovvered.... Am I bovvered..... YEAH.... LOL

Col.. Hee Hee.

is there any point complaining? plus have you driven the m3? it is an astonishing machine.

Having seen several videos of the IS-F I think it really doesn't compare to the M3 or C63AMG, it's still an interesting choice but in terms of driving dynamics it doesn't appear to cut it against the other two.

He wasn't actually that harsh about the IS-F though, only really criticising the gearbox having too many gears than it knew what to do with and also that the ride was too harsh (both quite commonly expressed views)

Having seen several videos of the IS-F I think it really doesn't compare to the M3 or C63AMG, it's still an interesting choice but in terms of driving dynamics it doesn't appear to cut it against the other two.

He wasn't actually that harsh about the IS-F though, only really criticising the gearbox having too many gears than it knew what to do with and also that the ride was too harsh (both quite commonly expressed views)

A well, poor old me... I just loooooove Lexus. Can't help it. I'm an addict. (nope not goin in to re-hab.. lol). Abit like havin someone insult yer wife.... well, hmmmm, maybe not.. lol

:D :D :)

col..

A well, poor old me... I just loooooove Lexus. Can't help it. I'm an addict. (nope not goin in to re-hab.. lol). Abit like havin someone insult yer wife.... well, hmmmm, maybe not.. lol

:D :D :)

col..

Lol, know what you mean mate, still think the IS-F is probably the one I'd buy if I was going to buy one of them........ :whistling:

sorry chaps but i gotta admit that my is300 is just a stepping stone til an m3 lands in the drive.

I'm 25 and have been driving for four years, owned a fairly heavily modified mk3 golf gti first off and then bought an st205 celica gt4. ive had the lexus for a year and already pricing up 03/53 plate CSL's around the 20/25k mark.

i now this is less than the current value of the isf but i wont be purchasing for at least another 12 months. will be interesting to see how the isf holds its value, exceptionally good m3s always hang on well.

I know where my cash will be going even tho the isf is a nice car, i can understand the comparisons with the merc but the proper m3's (e30's, e36 evo's and gt's, and the e46 coupe and csl) are designed as race/track inspired cars!

The v8 power of the new one isn't to be sniffed at but i gotta get a daily driver in the bargain too so its a minter csl for me and a late mk4 golf gti or something like for the missus.

i'm loving the 300 for the minute and the power will soon (hopefully) be greatly improved with a 'charger and a few other bits, but i've always wanted an m3.

The m3 has always been the benchmark, always will.

sorry chaps but i gotta admit that my is300 is just a stepping stone til an m3 lands in the drive.

I'm 25 and have been driving for four years, owned a fairly heavily modified mk3 golf gti first off and then bought an st205 celica gt4. ive had the lexus for a year and already pricing up 03/53 plate CSL's around the 20/25k mark.

i now this is less than the current value of the isf but i wont be purchasing for at least another 12 months. will be interesting to see how the isf holds its value, exceptionally good m3s always hang on well.

I know where my cash will be going even tho the isf is a nice car, i can understand the comparisons with the merc but the proper m3's (e30's, e36 evo's and gt's, and the e46 coupe and csl) are designed as race/track inspired cars!

The v8 power of the new one isn't to be sniffed at but i gotta get a daily driver in the bargain too so its a minter csl for me and a late mk4 golf gti or something like for the missus.

i'm loving the 300 for the minute and the power will soon (hopefully) be greatly improved with a 'charger and a few other bits, but i've always wanted an m3.

m3 is a crap veichle ...period ... way too manyu problems with that car, my mate has one constant problems and emptying the wallet

For a lot of ppl the M3 is a "chariot of the gods" even tho they don't own one nor know anyone with one. It would be interesting to know what sort of problems your mate has been having. Might balance things out here on a Lexus forum where, mainly, problems are aired.

For a lot of ppl the M3 is a "chariot of the gods" even tho they don't own one nor know anyone with one. It would be interesting to know what sort of problems your mate has been having. Might balance things out here on a Lexus forum where, mainly, problems are aired.

3 of my close friends and 2 of my uncles have one , i have driven on numerous occasions , and my dad is buying the new is convertible next week so i will be using that a lot as well..

m3 not worth a ****

Edited by Bazza
use of bad language

m3 is a crap veichle ...period ... way too manyu problems with that car, my mate has one constant problems and emptying the wallet

problems or no problems the M3 cant be described as crap !

it is a fantastic piece of machinery, that everyone, including Lexus have tried to emulate.........and failed !

it is a fantastic piece of machinery, that everyone, including Lexus have tried to emulate.........and failed !

I'd say the GTR did a good job at pulling the M3 and M5's pants down and shoving a big Jap ***** up its arse but thats just me :lol:

The IS-F did a darn good job and surprised many "good" motor journalist Jeremy Clarkson is not one of these anymore, hes a over grown **** who changes hes opinion/views when ever, where ever, without ryhme or reason I wish Top gear would get rid of him I really dislike top gear now for its reviews, entertainment value is fair to poor at the best of time.

The Lexus LF-A which is where this topic started is not aiming at any of the cars mentioned, with a price tag of £250K its jumped the german saloon market and straight into high end astons, ferrari's etc. Anyone to guess at how well it will do would be well "guessing" so just wait and see how it pans out, Honda have also started on a new NSX which has been spotted around the ring from last July I believe, that will be interesting thinking that will be to contend against the GTR even though it has a V10 as a £250k Honda wouldn't go down well.

For a lot of ppl the M3 is a "chariot of the gods" even tho they don't own one nor know anyone with one.

too true that

my dad owned an e30 cecotto and a e36 evo (he's moved on to a 911 for the time being) . a good friend has a 'charged csl which i have driven many a time, both out on the road and round a few tracks

that is why i want one, i've been in far too many good ones over the years and although servicing and maintenence is crippling, it should be well worthwhile.

I think the problem is

BMW = lots of go making in right car

Lexus = First go

Maybe the next one will be better ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't post much but I can say how disgusted I am with colbecoz comment:

"A well, poor old me... I just loooooove Lexus. Can't help it. I'm an addict. (nope not goin in to re-hab.. lol). Abit like havin someone insult yer wife.... well, hmmmm, maybe not.. lol"

I mean common, someone insults the goodlady.... well we can talk about in a sensible adult fashion... insult the lex and its pistols at dawn!! Beside you can always get a replacement whereas a good lexing is hard to find... hehehehehehehhe.

The ISF is Lexus's first attempt at a M3 challenger. No matter what the reviews etc say, you have to admit the ISF is a very good first attempt at taking on the M3.

The M3 has been around since the 1980's and has evolved- this will happen with the 2nd/3rd gen ISF's.

I think I'd be bothered by the ride being too firm for comfort on a car the price if the IS-F.

There's lots of cars out there that manage to do good ride quality combined with great handling, e.g. Jaguar, and some of the RenaultSport cars with those special dampers. It is possible with enough work.

I think I'd be bothered by the ride being too firm for comfort on a car the price if the IS-F.

Same here, in terms of day to day use I'd rather have the car that was more comfortable than had the ultimate driving dynamics - the IS-F ticks every box except this road comfort one, will have to test one to see for sure :winky:

I thought i'd just jump in here as there is a lot of BMW and M3 bashing... and once upon a time i would have joined in...

except, BMW make fantastic cars - the M3 is a simply stunning piece of engineering, yes the older ones have a few known problems (such as VANOS), but most cars do (911's have RMS issues).

When i was shopping for a car this year, i tried a hell of a lot of serious machinery, and BMW kept delivering where others failed - take the RS4, i wanted one so badly, and was prepared to part with nearly £30k to have one, except it was very dull to drive, and while fast, it never felt so. Whereas a E46 M3 CS at half the price was a lot more fun and certainly felt faster...

I havent tried an IS-F, and would love to, but I somehow dont think it would compare to the latest M3 in terms of driving dynamics, not because its a bad car, but its something BMW just seem to have nailed... which is why i bought one!

I think its down to taste i would get the lexus cuz its different little bit rare on the roads the bm is good car but for me a little bit common now for my liking but as for mr clarkson who takes him serious he the man who waited two years for a ford gt40 and had nothing but probs with it breaking down and he coulnt drive it anywhere to low to wide so i wouldnt

Take his oppinion to serious

take the RS4, i wanted one so badly, and was prepared to part with nearly £30k to have one, except it was very dull to drive, and while fast, it never felt so. Whereas a E46 M3 CS at half the price was a lot more fun and certainly felt faster...

That's a surprise, I wanted an RS4 too, thought they were better than that!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links