Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Okay managed to finally get round to calling someone out to repair my rear screen. I bought my RX400h in April 2008 and opted for an Alpine system with the screens fitted in the rear headrests rather than the over the headrest system as I think these look as though you have bought them form Argos and strapped them to your seats with some velcro.

One of the screens was showing "no video" for a while. Called Lexus Woodford who got the firm who fitted the system (12 volt in Southend) to come and have a look. It was past the 12 month warranty but the guy said it was Alpine so not to harm their company name they would replace it free of charge (booked in for next week)

I was chatting to him about the options with my Ipod connection that was factory fitted when I ordered the car and explained that it was very limited in how I could use it only by creating playlists etc. I said I had seen a system where it could play Ipod video on the front screen and he said that is what the new RH450h has and it would cost about £900.00 to install (ouch!)

The other option is to trick the car and have the artists, track name, album name appear on the front screen so that I could select single songs or albums rather than only playing it via a playlist. He quoted me £250 - £300 fully supplied and installed

My question is worth the money ??

One of the screens was showing "no video" for a while. Called Lexus Woodford who got the firm who fitted the system (12 volt in Southend) to come and have a look. It was past the 12 month warranty but the guy said it was Alpine so not to harm their company name they would replace it free of charge (booked in for next week)

If you opted for the Rear Enterntainment Pack option when you bought your RX new, then the entire system will be covered by the Lexus 3 Year Factory Warranty. However if you bought the RX used and in 'basic' SE spec. and, as part of the deal, you asked the Dealer to fit the rear screens (IE: car was NOT specc'd. with the Rear Enterntainment Option from factory) then you will have a 12 month warranty.