Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

120k Service

I did a 120k/12 year service on my IS200 on Sunday (as it was a sunny/rain free day I thought why not!).

I replaced the following items:

1. Coolant

2. Oil filter (with new sump nut/draining nut gasket)

3. Pollen filter

4. Gulf XLE fully synthetic 5w-30 engine oil

I won a OEM service kit from eBay 2 weeks ago (the service kit contained: oil filter (with draining nut gasket), pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs, air con cleaning spray (kills off bad smells from the air con/heating system). I used all of the items from this service kit apart from the air filter (I have a K&N filter, so I will keep the one supplied as a spare for when I clean/charge the K&N one) and I also didn't use the spark plugs (as I fitted a new set 20k ago, so these ones will be used later on). Lexus Leeds supplied my coolant and Opie Oils supplied my engine oil.

Some pictures below of the air con cleaning spray:

DSC00188.jpg

You spray the air con spray down the air vents for 5 seconds and leave to settle for 1/2 hour. Doing this kills bateria and bad smells. It leaves a nice cherry smell.

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

I'd recommend buying the air con cleaning spray from Lexus/Toyota if your air con/heating system smells.

I also cleaned my engine bay (I didn't take a before picture, but here is a after picture:

DSC00191.jpg

I want to get my diff oil, gearbox oil and brake fluid replaced at some point (I can't remember when these were last changed). As I am not confident changing these oils/fluids can anyone tell me how much Lexus or a non-Lexus garage would charge me to replace these oils/fluids?

Kam

Wooo man your engine man looks great, it doesn't looks that it has done so many thousand miles. Did you have any major problems up to now. Mine has only 60k, the half of yours. From what i know from the Lexus garage only a few IS200 have reached this amount of miles (km in greece) and they did not have any major problems.

Wooo man your engine man looks great, it doesn't looks that it has done so many thousand miles. Did you have any major problems up to now. Mine has only 60k, the half of yours. From what i know from the Lexus garage only a few IS200 have reached this amount of miles (km in greece) and they did not have any major problems.

Thanks. No I have had no major problems with my car (touch wood!)- just normal wear and tear items have been replaced (tyres, braking items, sparks, oils, filters etc) Recently I had my front shock absorbers replaced (they started to leak).

Edit: I did have to change my radiator at 90k- the old one sprung a leak.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links