Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450h It's Got Everything (almost)

I had a good look round a Rx450h. Very impressive! I'm currently on my second Rx400h so I'll have to wait a bit before I think of an upgrade. However there seems to be one small omission on the Rx450h. There is no cigarette lighter socket. Is this yet another outbreak of political correctness or have I just been unable to find the socket amongest all the other gizmos?

Just to make it clear I am a non smoker but I do use the socket for various other tasks like the auto garage door opener, mobile phone recharger etc. So what's going on? Is there some new rule about these sockets or have Lexus gone a bit over the top.

How odd - the current 400h has a centre dash cigarette lighter and a charger down in the well forward of the centre armrest - are you saying the new one has neither? I had a look at some interior pictures and can't see anything obvious.

Did they keep the tape deck?!

Another thing to watch out for is LW - that seems to be missing from the 400h radio set up so wondering if the 450h is the same? :)

(I know the 450h most probably has a DAB radio but I like the crackle of LW when listening to Test Match Special!)

Now you mention it I can't recall seeing it while on my test drive, mine will be delivered in about two weeks so I will let you know if it's there or not. Will be a bit annoying if it's not got one as I also charge phone in car via 12v socket.

There is supposed to be a USB slot as well but I am yet to find that either.

:winky:

The ciggy lighter - or 12v socket as Lexus calls it is in the storage bin under armrest (2 of them) and USB slot for IPOD.

Yes there are two buried under the storage bin.

I think this is a mistake since I currently have three devices I have on the lower socket. maybe an exstension lead will fix it bit why they don't have an outlet under the arm rest beats me!

Couple of quick q's on the 450h:

1. I see no rear DVD players as currently fitted to my 400h SE-L on the Lexus website - have they been dropped?

2. Do we still have the reversing camera and now the new sensors, or has the camera now been dropped?

3. Do you reckon the premier model is worth that much more than the SE-L?

Cheers

Couple of quick q's on the 450h:

1. I see no rear DVD players as currently fitted to my 400h SE-L on the Lexus website - have they been dropped?

2. Do we still have the reversing camera and now the new sensors, or has the camera now been dropped?

3. Do you reckon the premier model is worth that much more than the SE-L?

-------------

1) Forgot to check - have another test soon so will look

2) camera is still there as well as side camera on certain models

3) Currently no - extra 5K gets sunroof, radar cruise and heads up. I complained and Lexus Bracknell said they are speaking to Lexus to see if the sunroof can be a cost option on the SE-L. the HUD was fun but I could live without it and teh radar cruise similar.

Been asked by lexus to test drive the RX450h tomorrow all day drive, should seal it's fate for me anyway, one way or the other. :winky:

be careful!!! before you know it the cheque book will be out! :D

Been asked by lexus to test drive the RX450h tomorrow all day drive, should seal it's fate for me anyway, one way or the other. :winky:

be careful!!! before you know it the cheque book will be out! :D

You're kidding,Rillo!

It'll just be another excuse to slag it off,I'm sure.