Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Did It!

Steve

We made it to UlaanBaatar Mongolia, I have had the experience of my life and got some stories to tell.

Our truck was excellent!

I will be posting up a write up on my website soon for those interested, just need to sort out loads of stuff before i do that.

still cannot get the dirt out of my skin!

We made it to UlaanBaatar Mongolia, I have had the experience of my life and got some stories to tell.

Our truck was excellent!

I will be posting up a write up on my website soon for those interested, just need to sort out loads of stuff before i do that.

still cannot get the dirt out of my skin!

Many congratulations indeed sir :driving:

TG

cheers guys, we left the vehicle for charity. Apart from replacing the rear springs at the side of the road, and having to keep topping up the diff because of a leak after hitting a football size bolder the 4x4 was absolute excellent. How we did not destroy it was incredible. The front sump guard and rear bumper was hanging off too, that took a real battering everyday.

i have written some bits of the adventure at http://www.roadwarriors.org.uk but there are loads more things that happened.

getting lost was the most exciting because we were on the other side of a huge mountain, with roads that are almost impassable and the thought of breaking down and not being found for a long time was scary which made it exciting.

All the damage to the truck was done in one day by getting lost, the main roads are hard but managable.

Best thing was passing though small villages and everyone is shocked to see us.. now thats off the beaten track.

just been sent this pic, we pulled an ambulance out of the dirt in Kazakhstan.. this was supposed to be a motorway but it hadnt been built yet.. the dirt was like cement powder, our gear was caked in this stuff.

post-1293-1250016197.jpg

vans are exempt from import tax, so to not pay a $4k tax we had to find a van sharpish.. powervans were not available at the time so we used this instead as we got it for a good price.