Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Hatchback To Be Launched!

knitware

I saw this in this weeks AutoExpress.

http://en.newspeg.com/Lexus-Rumored-to-Deb...s-40358295.html

Sounds exciting. Apparently prices will start at £16.5 k

Was reported here too at end of July.http://lexusenthusiast.com/2009/07/24/lexu...k-in-september/

and http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/241809/

There's been talk of this for a while, but given the fact the HS250h didn't make it over here, I would expect this won't either - and given the fact it's FWD and based on a Corolla I hope it doesn't because it can only be a disappointment :shutit:

I wonder if it will be any good? Pretty much everyone I know is fairly unhappy with their new IS's due to build quality issues.

Perhaps Lexus is having it's Mercedes Benz moment. I sure hope it's not though.

Pretty much everyone I know is fairly unhappy with their new IS's due to build quality issues.

When I was at the dealer yesterday they had the results of the JD Power survey, and the IS was top of the compact exec category, and Lexus were once again top manufacturer and the RX was overall top.

I don't think many people are disappointed with the mk2 IS, the diesel is a disaster but think most are happy with the petrols :)

Yes, I'd buy the petrol IS250, the only thing that puts me off is that some have said it's not as involving to drive as the IS200.

Anyway, I think if they get the styling right then the new hatch could be a real success especially if it's economical and low emissions. Trouble is, I'm not convinced by the styling on some of the Lexus range, they seem to get close to great but mess it up a bit. The RX facelift was the last thing released and I don't like that at all, older model is better looking.

Yes, I'd buy the petrol IS250, the only thing that puts me off is that some have said it's not as involving to drive as the IS200.

Anyway, I think if they get the styling right then the new hatch could be a real success especially if it's economical and low emissions. Trouble is, I'm not convinced by the styling on some of the Lexus range, they seem to get close to great but mess it up a bit. The RX facelift was the last thing released and I don't like that at all, older model is better looking.

I saw the RX in the flesh for the first time a few days ago and it does look a lot better than the pics..........the IS250C on the other hand I didn't like very much, the front and rear look a bit mismatched.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links